|7th September 2013||#1|
| || |
2013-10-06 - Sun - BFF (Bicycle Film Festival) London tournament
aka Bike Film Festival
aka Best Friend Forever...
Also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/573644099361334/
That's how it's gonna work: Everyone who ever thought of trying out bike polo is invited to come - especially your best friend! And, especially everyone from the Bike Film Festival who wants to have a go will be invited. (Of course all other not-so-new players are also more then welcome!)
This event will feel similar to an ABC tournament, but with all teams being shuffled after each round.
- The first teams will be completely random (usual throw in style).
- All players that win their game get a piece of winning tape near the handle of their mallet.
- All players that lose their game get a piece of losing tape near their mallet head.
- All players that draw their game get no tape.
- All mallets are then ordered by tape hierarchy on the ground (most wins to most losses).
- The teams for the next round will be the best player, the worst player and the player in the middle (random draw used when players have equivalent tape).
- This continues for X rounds, time dependant (we'll keep you updated on this as the tournament progresses).
- The final teams (4 teams going into a single elim) will be chosen using the same method as above, so the bonus is to become the best, the worst, or the very average.
Normal NAH rules apply with the addition of the following.
- If your mallet is broken during the day you will have to start again at no tape with a new mallet (hacking will result in game ejection but is perhaps worth it).
- Tape tampering will result in the destruction of your mallet (see above), tape tampering in the round before the finals will result in tournament ejection (you can still spectate).
- Occasionally (towards the end of the day), you may find it better to lose your game to get into the finals: keep an eye on your new team mates with each passing round.
- Noob players get identifying noob tape and their goals will be worth 2 points.
- Games are first to 5 points, or 10 minute games, draws allowed.
- There will be prizes (BFF t-shirts, hiplok locks and more...), a BBQ and drinking/having a good time is mandatory.
- We will have spare mallets for lending to noobs.
- We will have some loaner bikes for lending to noobs.
Meet 11am, Newington Gardens, Harper Road, Southwark SE1.
Last edited by thedutch; 1st October 2013 at 20:31. Reason: poster and format added
|9th September 2013||#19|
| || |
Given that this conflicts with two other UK tournaments, can I propose the following (it's actually Nik and Ryan's idea originally).
Best Friends Forever Tournament 2013
I can help organise this Paul, it would still be a simple affair (throw-ins setup with some bells and whistles: BBQ, generator, tunes, gazebo, etc). I'm just a little worried we're going to have very low numbers without this kind of approach?
(I need to think of an alternative word for noob if this goes ahead.)
ShuffleComm would be expected to do the beer runs.
Last edited by JonoMarshall; 9th September 2013 at 18:50.
|16th September 2013||#41|
| || |
I like this newbie thing. I might well be tempted (total polo first-hand polo experience so far: one try-out day). I still don't have a bike that it's really feasible to play polo on, though. Is there any chance I could blag a reasonably large bike (around 60cm seat tube) from someone?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2013-10-03/06 - Tenth Anniversary Bicycle Film Festival (BFF) London 2013||Velocio||General||80||12th March 2014 11:57|
|2012-10-04 / 07 - Bicycle Film Festival ( BFF ) London||l.a.u.r.a.||General||120||12th October 2012 15:23|
|BFF Bicycle Film Festival 2011||almac68||General||251||10th January 2012 20:42|
|2010-10-13/17 - Bicycle Film Festival London||eggpie||General||142||17th December 2010 12:13|
|Second Annual Bicycle Film Festival Polo Tournament!||eggpie||Bike Polo||20||3rd May 2008 14:20|