I'm very reluctantly selling my fixed gear, due to needing the money more than I need multiple bikes...
I'm not sure what it is. I was told by the person who sold it to me that it isn't a Colnago Super, but despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to ID the frame. Whatever it is, it's nice, Italian and from the 70's.
It's served me very well over the months I've had it, and is a lot of fun to ride. I'll be sad to see it go, but needs must. I've done a lot to it and spent a lot of time on it since I bought it, and it's got quite a few new bits. There's one or two minor issues, and this is reflected in the price. My asking price is still well under what I've spent on it.
- Italian frame of some sort, chromed Campagnolo dropouts. A few chips in the paint, as can be expected by a frame of this age. A little bit of surface rust on the cable stops, but nothing serious. Nice and light with a responsive geometry
- Zeus 2000 chromed fork
- Rear wheel Formula hub laced to AlexRims ID19 rim (Flip-flop)
- Front wheel Formula hub laced to Fuji rim
- 23mm folding Gatorskins front & back. Like new, barely used
- As new saddle, barely used (Can't remember the model off the top of my head - see pics)
- Noname crankset. The type where the chainring is part of the cranks. It works, but the spindle that attaches the crank arm to the ring is worn, so I believe the whole thing needs replacing.
- Generic pedals with fabric straps. The pedals themselves are ok and the straps work, but the straps are on their way out
- Tange headset, recently serviced and rebuilt by LBS
- Dirty Harry brake lever, bought not long ago, connected to Shimano caliper on the front. No back brake as I've only ever ridden it fixed. Cable/housing as new
- Atax stem
- New KMC chain
Since my LBS serviced the headset, there's been a slight clicking from the front end when you pull up hard on the bars. I've given it a once-over and can't see anything, so I suspect something needs tightening up somewhere. I haven't had time to look properly and this is reflected in the price.
ASKING PRICE - £320 - Located in Peckham Rye
P.s - Apologies, pictures aren't the best but I was in a rush. If anyone wants pictures of any details, let me know.