Avatar for AWu-Tang

AWu-Tang

Member since Aug 2014 • Last active Nov 2019
  • 5 conversations
  • 304 comments

Most recent activity

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Anyone read Normal People? Im half way through, and it reads very easily but I find the whole tone and the characters very unsettling.

    Next on the list is The Corrections - Frantzen, Ive heard good things but never read any of his long form stuff before only really dipping into the short stories and essay work.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Its such a rich novel itll be hard to keep it all in your head via audiobook. Or at least I would struggle to. I loved it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, the other Bas Lag books are good too.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Maybe there is another reason they won't pick him. It just seems odd unless there is something behind the scenes.

  • Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Put it on a high shelf and let it grow sideways and droop? Maybe re-pot into a larger pot? I have never seen one keel over so far without it striving to a light source.

  • Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Drives me crazy, I don't think he understands why the field was set that way. He just does it because that's what others do. At least others knew thier limitations, see Atherton and Strauss and Cook. non of them were naturals but did a decent job because they knew what they were about.

  • Avatar for AWu-Tang

    But he is such a cricket nut and the most experienced player so would probably captain well. The idea being to take pressure off everyone else to let the team settle in, then pick a captain not just the best player.

    Root captains like cook 90 percent of the time but with worse batting. The other 10 percent he goes wierd and releases the pressure that the orthodox set ups had created.

  • Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Ok, I do enjoy the speculation, Id bring Sibley in how they introduced Cook, at 3. Team:

    Burns
    Denley
    Sibley
    Root
    Stokes
    Pope/Bairstow/Butler/Moeen
    Foakes(wk)
    Curran
    Archer
    Leach
    Broad (c)

    If Broad sorts his head out against the quicks, bump him up the batting order. I think a temporary spell with him as captain would free up everyone else to play and let an alternative captain for the future develop. Probably Burns if he can become an automatic pick.

    I would also have any spin coaches available to help learn how to set proper fields with the captain, leadership and bowlers. Roots fields to spin are always a bit off.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    Leach, aaagh, gutted

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    I don't think having bairstow behind the stumps helps either. The fielding performance is usually led from there and his form with the bat has seemingly put a slump into his motivation behind the stumps, where he has never been a particularly good gloveman.

    It's perverse and masochistic following english test cricket.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for AWu-Tang

    At least those batsmen were trying.
    I can't help but feel that most of the top 7 don't care.

Actions