Judging by the weather today Cyclocross season must be coming! So I figure now is a good time to try and sell this. I had aspirations of giving CX a go last year but sadly I just don't have the time what with other things going on. I have three bikes and as this one never gets ridden it needs to go to free up some space.
It's a great bike but sadly I never got the fit or the gearing quite right for me. I'm 6ft and feel like I would need to flip the stem to shorten the reach a little bit. Also the SS freewheel I put on is far too spinny, you would probably want to put a bigger chainring on or swap the freewheel for something smaller. The fixed gearing is good though. I will confirm all the sprocket counts when I have a chance.
I don't have any actual CX tyres to put on but the massive Pasela's are so god damn comfortable for commuting.
Collection from Walthamstow E17
Original build thread here
- Genesis Day One 56cm frame in gunmetal - somewhat rare in this colour - was one of the early flat bar models
- Original Genesis SS hubs rebuilt by myself onto new DT Swiss R 460 rims - Seen maybe 600 miles, still straight as an arrow I believe (will double check)
- Sram Force Carbon road chainset with 39t inner ring moved to the large chainring position with spacers added to get correct chainline
- 16t Shimano Dura Ace fixed sprocket and lock ring
- 18t Hope Clickster freewheel
- KMC Chain
- Sram S500 Alu SS brake levers
- 40cm c-c Deda Zero RHM bars
- Fizik bar tape
- Cannondale saddle
- Black bottle cage
- Shimano M520 SPD pedals (if you need them)
- 120mm Genesis stem
- Panarace Pasela 35c tyres
- Tektro V Brakes with Swissstop green pads