Most recent activity
Did you ever have Cloudwater Pineapple? Dry hopped double IPA brewed with a massive amount of pineapple puree. The fruitiest beer I've ever had, but excellently balanced.
The 12 year is very good. I've not had the others before, but the 12 year is £30+ on its own, so it's a great deal.
Excellent! Hopefully there are plentiful other tasting opportunities.
The Drop Store has an offer on Foursquare Rum Sixty Six, for anyone wishing to try it: white, 6 year and 12 year for £45.
Hemp? I was curious about that one, but not inspired to purchase. How herbal and sweet was it?
Not much rum talk here, hopefully this will provoke some opinions.
- DMF Coffee Rum is disqualified. It's a great coffee liqueur but there is no rum taste.
- Old Hopking (Aldi) spiced is the worst thing I've ever drunk. The rum is harsh, the spice tastes artificial.
- Old Hopking (Aldi) dark is considerably better than the spiced, but is only fit for cooking.
- Not pictured: Negrita and similar overly-sweet Spanish rums would rank here.
- Rumish is a non-alcoholic rum alternative made from apple juice, capsicum, vanilla, and nutmeg. Maybe other spices but I can taste those. It's a pleasant drink, and considerably better than the previous rums.
- Morrisons dark rum is perfectly respectable. It's great to mix or spice yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong here.
- Asda dark rum is very similar to the Morrisons one. A recommended mixing rum.
- M&S Bajan XO is the cheapest rum I'd choose to drink straight. It's very good but a bit too much added sugar.
- Liverpool Rum is an interesting one. It's good but I would have expected a 16 year-old rum to be better. On pouring, it's a bit harsh. Sat for ten minutes, it loses the harshness and opens up a lot.
- Plantation Original Dark is the benchmark. It's a great traditional, fruity Jamaican rum.
- Rum Sixty Six Family Reserve (12 years-old) is a smooth Bajan rum. Initial alcohol, but then oily and complex.
- Sunset Captain Bligh XO is incredibly smooth! Quite sweet, and aged in bourbon barrels which do impart some character.
- Plantation Stiggin's Fancy Pineapple Rum is my personal favourite. Massively fruity, with gentle smoke and spice edges. Good rum, rich with pineapple from both fruit and husk.
I found PUTJ impressively like doughnut jam, though perhaps unsurprisingy rather too sweet.
I've known it be offered to secure a property over other prospective tenants paying monthly.
Exciting purchasing opportunity at The Recycling Shop in Newent