@Nahguavkire - Cheers. I agree about the headstock, but I wouldn’t know where to start with a logo (or even a name) I’m no graphic designer.
@christianSpaceman - Thanks. Yeah, I used the facets method. To be honest, it left it with far too much of a U-shape, and I did so much extra profiling to achieve a C-shape that I’d have been as well just using profile gauges in the first place. One thing I learned for next time is that, contrary to my worries about making an uneven neck, maple is hard and doesn’t produce dents and bumps easily - it wants to keep straight lines, which is helpful!
It was a lot quicker, yeah. The first one took a couple of months for just the body, this one took a month with the neck included. The experience of the first one enabled me to work quite quickly, and I built the neck while the nitro was curing, so I was able to use my time better.
Next... not sure. I think I might want to make some kind of a doublecut design, set neck, with brass and stainless steel details, out of walnut. It’ll be next year though, the garage is getting too cold to work in!
@Jung @Regal - Thanks!