I'm preparing to replace almost all parts on my Daccordi. I like the aesthetic of the Campagnolo 5-arm Ultra Torque chainset against steel tubes, and the black carbon should look great against the pearl paint and red decals.
The plan at the moment:
- Strip all parts off (anyone need 8s Athena parts?)
- Repair paint chips and scratches with wire wool, Condor touch up paint, T-cut and finally Zymol wax
(If anyone knows a better process I'm all ears)
- Rebuild existing red rims onto newer hubs
- Build bike with 10s carbon Campagnolo groupset
Parts in hand:
Campagnolo Chorus 10s Ultra Torque chainset, brakes, shifters, derailleurs, chain & cassette.
I'm not super happy about the corrosion on the 50t chainring. Should I leave it, wire wool it, or totally sand and polish it?
Parts needed: (if you have any of these please holler at me)
- ITA thread Campagnolo Ultra Torque BBcups
- Romin saddle, black (friendly LFGSSer has reserved me one)
- 36h road hubs with Campagnolo freehub for 10s, currently leaning towards Miche but open to suggestions
- Campagnolo gear & brake cable set
- Fizik black bar tape
Tools needed (will offer beer if anyone in North London would be so kind as to lend out):
- 10mm allen key, loooong, to attach Ultra Torque cranks
- BB tool to remove my current FAG bottom bracket (plastic type)