OK! Long time since an update. So the Aero is now at the scrappers, I took what I needed and made the rest go into recycle mode.
Engine out, pistons and rods out, turbo is off, tubular mani, 3" exhaust, 750cc injectors, front/rear seats, dashboard fachia, sharktooth bumpercovers, sideskirts and the 9-3 tid transmission as well as the sachs performance clutch. Block and crank got sent as the block was cracked and the crank was a PITA to remove.
It also got a new set of wheels. A bit banged up Alu65's on Michelin Primacy 4's 225/40/18".
I did a 9-3SS "big brake" swap as well as the ones on there was cruddy and wobbly.
314mm rotors are 6mm larger in dia, and the calipers are MAHOOSIVE in comparison to the aero stock ones.
Shitty paintjob on calipers is shitty. Some bzzzzzrrr and they're good to go.
Painted them in Temadur 20 which essentially is a better and far cheaper paint than the Foliatec variety. I can paint the head and the block too with it, all for 40 squiddies.
It was a right faff to get those bastards on though. Took a a solid day and a half in working hours because me and my buddy are both numpties and didn't check that the bleeder nipple was on the highest point on the caliper. A 20min bleed job took 5 hours and two trips to the local go fast store. But they're on at least and the feel is OK. Now for the next thing is to buy new brakeline nipples and HEL brakehoses that actually fits and source the Aero 300mm rear calipers.
As she stands today.