For some reason, the guy I purchased the groupset from wanted to keep the original seat post.
I figured I must have had a suitable Chorus seat post, and started having a bit of a forage around the house.
Much to my delight, at the bottom of the coat cupboard, I found a NOS Selcof titanium post. No idea where it came from, or why I have been hoarding it, but no matter, perfect for this build.
Lovely '80's Day-Glo packaging:
The original bottom bracket was British threaded, and I've left it in the Roberts for now. Luckily, SimonC on here was advertising a suitable Italian threaded alternative. Looks like it's never been mounted:
Got cracking on the build yesterday afternoon and before I knew it, it was pretty much done:
I even got away with retaining the original bar tape, cables and outers - which was a bit of a result.
Saddle is temporary, while I wait for a Concor I've bought off hypercolour to arrive, and pedals need sorting. Other than that, it's good to go. I've been round the block a few times and it feels great.
I have parental duties today (so I've been told), but hope to get out for a proper ride tomorrow.