back to GE2019 - tactical voting
I am not knowledgeable about such things, but I worry about:
- It only works based on predictive information.
- But everyone is saying the predictions and polls are not reliable.
- Different websites give different advice
- It kind of freezes things in the past since that's what a lot of the prediction is based on.
- Voting doesn't reflect actual preferences. Doesn't that fuck up the whole idea of democractic elections?
- You can't see shifts in support over time (either the big parties losing or small parties gaining) if people are voting based on "effectiveness".
I absolutely get the need to remove the Tories from power.
But can tactical voting based on poor information actually screw things up? It's apparent popularity makes me nervous.