Avatar for EB

EB

Member since Aug 2008 • Last active Dec 2021

Most recent activity

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    I sauté onions on a very low heat and cover the pan with something like a wok. As above, slow and low

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    Wooly hat? Beanie

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    The what now?

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    I didn't realise she had her own two kids in the house, aged 4 and 5 and they never did anything to them. My heart is broken for that poor boy...

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    Tough wank

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    Still caffeine free!

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    I'm a day late! What a nerd, I even wrote it in the sleeve! 🤓

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    "Form a circle around the Kuenssberger"

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    No worries! Cheers

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for EB

    I had the stabs/synth parts already, I'd been tinkering with that for quite a while, originally it had a 4/4 kick going on and it was more Techno I guess. Stabs are five different parts, two Reveal Spire synth, two using Rave Generator plugin and one a sample in Ableton's Simpler.

    Copious amounts of Retro Colour RC-20 plugin and other stuff on the stabs.

    The MC parts I wanted to do something with for ages too, they're off an old Outer Limits mix, quality isn't all that so had to do a fair bit of processing and as it turned out I wasn't really able to clean them up entirely but then I quite liked the dirty vibe in the end.

    Rest of it, the sub and the Reese bassline I made with Reveal Spire synth again with RC-20 all over them. Ozone's low end focus plugin cleaned up the sub and I think the Reese bass I ran that through Izotope Neutron and let the listening assistant choose an EQ and Dynamics setting.

    The breakbeats, I already had an absolute bonkers breakbeat that I'd made. I set the sample clip to re-pitch, set the clip quantize to 1/8 so they re-trigger on the next 8th note and then just set the loop brace in the clip and just kept copying the same clip in the session, just changing where the loop brace was to pick out what I wanted, so for instance just a snare or whatever. Then played all those clips with Push and went mad with it.

    That just ended up being a separate track as an accompaniment to the main breakbeat, fucked around with, chopped up again in places and just generally used to be a background texture and panned around the stereo image to create width.

    I then ran all the stems through Waves J37 tape emulation on as flat as possible setting and cranked the input into the output on linked mode. Then grouped the tape saturated stems and used Slate Digital Mixbus with a mix glue setting on each group.

    Bounced those out and a final mix session with some automation on the Spire synth filters and mix mostly, plus general volume automation before bouncing the master and taking it into a master session.

Actions