Got around to tinkering with my bike the other day. Was back to firing on both cylinders straight off (presumably it had just dried out) but I took the tank off and had a play with the coils anyway. Didn't end up fitting the other one I had as the contacts looked pretty corroded but I spent some time cleaning up the earthing points on the one that was fitted and also whipped the HT lead out (it just unscrewed), cleaned things up, refitted it and wrapped the whole area up in insulating tape which will hopefully keep the moisture out in future.
Tidied up a bit of the wiring while I had the tank off and then put it all back together.
Took a wire brush to some of the engine casings and got the worst of the flaking paint off, thee's a couple places that really need painted but the covers will have to come off so I'ma wait till I'm changing the oil anyway. Should get that done sooner rather than later. Checked under my ziptied down fork gators and everything is still nice and greasy under there.
Took it out for a spin and it seemed to need less choke and warmed up quicker than before I fiddled with the coils so that's good.
Then in total procrastination, instead of doing anything useful I started mocking up a sissy bar. It already has a small one but I want a big tall one.
Would have gotten this welded up today but spent too long playing on my dad's lathe.