1950s Dutch bike of unknown make (headbadge missing)
Front Sachs drum hub brake, rear Shimano coaster brake
- Buy a piece of history?
- When it works it is a great pub bike
- The wheels are not original and are in decent condition. The rear in particularly is very solidly built.
- Front rack is removable (so could be used on another bike)
- People complement the bike and you get the chance to work out if they are taking the piss
- It is not running. The BB threads on the non drive side toward the edge of the BB shell are stripped so the current old style cup and code BB will not stay in. It is possible that a different BB may be fine as the threads further in look okay. E.g. A square taper BB with a longer axle might work. It has cottered cranks but they have only recently been installed so shouldn’t be too hard to remove again.
- The front hub brake doesn’t work well now but I have never tried to adjust it.
- Quite a lot of ‘patina’
- Tyres are Schwalbe Marathon are worn to the point that you can see the green layer, however I would say they still life left, owing to how thick that green layer is.
Collect from Islington Upper Street During business hours