No longer for sale on LFGSS
Price drop - now £650
I’m selling my beloved Soma Rush. I bought this bike in 2007, it was my dream bike, but it’s no longer getting ridden so it is time for someone else to enjoy it.
The frame is size 57 – it has a 56cm c-c effective top tube and 57cm c-t seat tube. More information on the frame is available here, the design has changed a little over the years but the geometry seems to be the same. It is made from TIG welded Tange Prestige and is in good condition with no damage, dings or rust. The paint is in good shape, with the exception of a few scratches/chips on the top tube and seat stays – partially the result of an ill-advised attempt to fit a rack for touring.
The stock steel fork has been replaced with a carbon Look HSC.
The other components are:
• Headset – Chris King NoThreadSet 1”
• Crankset – Sugino 75 (NJS approved) with original 48T chainring and BB
• Chain – KMC Z1
• Wheels – Mavic OpenPro rims with flip-flop Condor hubs (Formula)
• Tyres – Specialized Armadillo 23c
• Brake – Shimano 105 front calliper
• Seatpost – Thomson Elite
• Saddle – San Marco Ponza
• Stem – Deda Logo 120mm
• Bars - 3T Morphe Randonneur / Easton EA50 risers (trimmed)
• Brake lever – Tektro drop bar / Tektro cross top
• Sprocket – Planet-X Chromoly 18T
• Chain Tensioner – Planet-X
All the components are used but in good condition, except for the rear tyre which will need replacing soon. The drivetrain has little to no wear, the rear rim braking surface is unused, the front shows some use but has a lot of life left in it.
It currently has drop bars and levers fitted, I can swap these for trimmed risers and cross top lever to suit the buyer’s preferences. The pedals are not included.
I’m based in Harrow. I’d prefer the buyer to collect but can meet in/around London and look into posting if needed.
I’m looking for £750 but am open to offers. I’d prefer to sell the bike complete.
P.S. Please excuse the flipped stem abomination, the last ride was a long one and I needed some comfort!