Avatar for nankatsu

nankatsu

Member since Mar 2008 • Last active Jan 2021

Most recent activity

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    Thanks - yes it's a FCSC scheme which I hadn't heard about
    https://www.fscs.org.uk/how-we-work/clai­ms-process/temporary-high-balances/

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    We may be selling our place after all - with a small price reduction - and moving into rental for a bit.
    We will have a rather large sum of money (for us) as a result of the sale - where is it best to keep it safe until we need it for a house purchase?

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    `Thanks - our house is a 1960 ex LA-built place so it sounds similar.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    Thanks, that’s a good idea.
    It’s not just this single issue - they have been picky about stuff and we’re concerned that they’ll keep complaining.

  • Avatar for nankatsu

    If it was just that I’d feel different but we’ve spent £4K putting on a new roof on the extension as they were baulking at a leak which we’d flagged up to them.

  • Avatar for nankatsu

    Yeah we’re pulling the plug tomorrow.

  • Avatar for nankatsu

    Yep there’s always a list of stuff that needs doing

  • Avatar for nankatsu

    Well our house purchase has pretty much fallen through as the seller won't break the chain so we've no chance of completing in time.
    And our own sale may be about to collapse too.
    We had electrical tests carried out at the buyers' request - and at our cost - as they wanted it done.
    It flagged up the main lighting circuits need earthing. It's a historical issue as we've had no work on it done for the 10+ years we've been here and was not aware of it.
    Buyers say house is "dangerous" and want £2k off - we've said no.
    They are standing firm.
    I'm fed up with them TBH (and the whole selling/buying process) and am prepared to take house off market and put it back in a few weeks.
    We feel they've already got a very keen price.
    And because they've signed a rental agreement on their current place it's effectively scuppered our chances of completing our own purchase in time.
    That will cost us £ for survey and solicitors' fees.
    Our Agent says it also means if they don't buy our place they still have to move out of their own.

    Having said all that I'm wondering if I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face and we should just knock off some £??
    We have found a place we could rent.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    Yeah didn't want to keep playing the "two young kids" card but it makes everything so much tougher.
    When we sold our first house we had to sort out a 3 week short term flat share - even as a couple it was hard enough. Never again.

  • in Miscellaneous and Meaningless
    Avatar for nankatsu

    Yeah I do feel a bit for them though. We assume they did it so they could get a mortgage approved but the sale could fall through or be delayed for so many reasons.

Actions