For Sale: Dolan road bike. 58cm(ish). £400 NOW SOLD
Unfortunately impending house move means a lack of space (and lack of use anyway) is forcing the sale of my Dolan – the one that started it all. This was built up for me 15 years ago from a Dolan frame and fork – according to Dolan themselves they didn’t have model names in this era… Ally tubing, carbon fork, carbon seatstays. As you can see it’s in great nick, with the expected age-related scuffs, especially on chainstays – apparently I love a bit of left-foot heel rub…
I haven’t ridden it outside since autumn last year; it’s been sat on the turbo since then, but I have a TA adapter for my other bike now so this has become somewhat redundant…
It’s been very well looked after over its long and illustrious life. Hopefully it can do someone else proud on here rather than become an ebay punter’s beater…
- 58cm ish… I don’t exactly know what size the frame is but it’s quite large (I’ll update with geometry measurements). I’m 6ft3 and it’s a good size – feels like a classic bike: long and low.
- Shimano Ultegra 6500 9 speed groupset
-- 53/39 chainset (dinner-plate-sized). 11-30 9spd cassette.
-- Ultegra shifters and calipers. Still life in the pads. Some damage to the shifters – not been dropped, just 15 years of being rested against walls etc.
- Mavic Aksium Race wheelset - new a few years ago. Bearings and braking surfaces good.
-- Continental GP4000s II 25c tyres. Plenty of life left, no slits/cuts to them
- Deda bars – non-compact (quite low drops)
- ITM 110mm stem
- ITM carbon seatpost
- Can’t remember the brand of saddle – it’s worn but usable. 15 years of my bony arse would wear anything down…
- New BB (shimano octalink), RD jockeys and chain in October last year. It’s done a couple of hundred indoor km on the turbo since.
- You won’t get the pedals or computer mount.
It has quite a lot of sentimental value, so please don’t make me silly offers....