Happy to report that I got it right the first time using:
- AForce AL33 rims
- Hutchinson Fusion5 11Storm tires
- Milkit valves + syringe system (very nice)
- A bit of washing up liquid + water to wet the bead
- Doc Blue sealant (sealed half a litre bottle, almost 2 years old)
- I was able to put on the tires on the wheels just by using my hands (no Tyrekey, levers, etc) I think the wide rim bed helped.
- Use very little amount of soapy water alongside the beads (push the bead in, apply small amount with fingers, let go, move on alongside the tire)
- The beads seated not long after I frantically pumped it up with my regular Lifeline track pump, valve cores on. (Milkit lets you pump it without the valve cores too, innovative)
- I let the air out, unscrewed the valve cores and managed to put in 30ml of Doc Blue using Milkit's syringe/valve/hose system, without getting it anywhere else.
- After sloshing it around, pumped up to 90psi (the box said 80-120...) and let it sit for 36 hours.
- Commuted 2x14km today, nice ride quality
Came back home, writing this message. I decide to check the final pressures. I connect the pump to the rear tire. To my surprise, the pressure is low, maybe 35 psi. I pump it to 60psi and as the pressure rises I start hearing a hissing sound. Investigate and find a piece of glass stuck to the brand new, 28km-mileage tire. I pick it off (it's exactly at the opposite side of the valve) and the pressure starts escaping. I rotate it to get the cut part downwards (the bike is on a stand btw) and after a few seconds it's sealed. Doc Blue jizz under the stand. Pump it to 75psi few minutes later. For now, pumping more will aggravate the sealant and more will squirt out. (1 hour later I successfully pump it to 80psi. Just some bubbles on the hole, nothing big)
I check the front tire and it's happily sitting at 70psi. I pump in 10psi more for good measure.
Later I'll let the air out and check the sealant level using the Milkit syringe thing.