There was a bit of a scramble to get a few last minute bits including a wheelset and a bottom bracket that would allow me to run a GXP crankset but everything came together and got packed into my trusty homemade bike travel bag.
Unfortunately pulling the bike out the bag at the other end I realised that the 48 hrs I had left for the clearcoat to dry definitely wasn’t enough as the padding I’d used to protect the frame had left marks in the paint in places which was a bit annoying as prior to that I’d been very happy with the finish I’d managed to get. Ultimately though though I don’t mind too much as this was always intended to be a bit of parts bin build.
Anyway I finally got it all put together last night and took it out for a first ride in Budapest this morning but was enjoying myself so much I forgot to take any pics of outdoors. The groupset is an old sram 10 speed force shifters paired to an X9 rear mech and 11-42 sun race cassette that has been bullet proof over the three different bikes I’ve used it on.