Avatar for dbadger

dbadger

Member since Nov 2016 • Last active Feb 2021
  • 16 conversations
  • 438 comments

Most recent activity

    • 35 comments
    • 1,882 views
  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    I finally got around to indexing and fine tuning the brakes yesterday. I took it out for it’s inaugural ride today and the chain snapped 6km in, but at least it was a nice day for a long walk home.

    Other positives; it looks good muddy, and it was very fun while it lasted so I’m looking forward to getting back out.

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    That’s ace, I was originally going to go for a functional build but got a little carried away.

    I played it safe and used 2.1s but there’s easily enough space for 2.2/2.25s

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    I encourage you to share pictures of your c16r

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    That looks great. I imagine that a Portuguese summer provides excellent conditions to spray paint a bike, especially when compared to the particularly cold and damp UK winter that we are experiencing.

    I had to ferry the frame outside to spray a coat then bring it back in for a couple of days to dry. I should really have waited until spring to start this but it was always going to be a winter project.

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    yeah I don't think it'll be long before it's covered in scratches. It's way cheaper (and more fun) than getting it professionally powder coated, but you get what you pay for.

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    I explored this option as well but the steerer tube is only just long enough to cope with the new larger threadless headset and stem.

    The stem is already perilously close to not gripping enough of the steerer tube to remain safe, so this devise wouldn't have worked. I even had to find a longer than standard m6 top cap bolt so it would reach the star nut.

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    There is a hole on the back of the crown but the diameter is too small to allow for the back nut. Not a massive job to drill out but I figured V's were the easier option all round.

    I was quite looking forward to working out how to fit and adjust cantis, I had already cleaned up and refurbished the existing pair in preparation but I guess we can't have it all.

  • in Current Projects
    Avatar for dbadger

    Just awaiting new bb then ready to wire up. Note the paint chip on the tt as a result of knocking it over earlier today.

Actions