Avatar for jessielawson

jessielawson

Member since Sep 2016 • Last active Sep 2020
  • 4 conversations
  • 255 comments

Most recent activity

    • 13 comments
    • 267 views
  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    HEY!

    Here are the notes from the last meeting:

    The aim of Hells Belles is to empower non-cis-male players - both existing and playing in the tournament, and to potential new players who come and watch.

    In the meeting, we discussed things we needed to be done, and allocated people tasks. Our next meeting is Sunday 23rd February @ 4pm @ The Ship.

    Friday Format
    BENCH. 12 (mixed) teams of 5 players. 30 mins per game. Frax is in charge of formatting.

    Saturday Format
    24 teams of 3 players. Womxn / non-biary players only.
    Jess to speak to Iva and Andy about the format.

    Reg Forms
    Jess to make. Hells Belles 1 week before mixed tournament so we know which femxale / non-binary players are coming. Both tournaments will be a lottery.

    Registration Fee
    Friday 1 day tournament: £20 / team
    Sat / Sun Hells Belles: £45 / team

    Coffee
    Soph and Lukas are going to talk to Max Newstead about getting a coffee discount / donation from his old work. They're going to bring their camping stove - if anyone else has one please co-ordinate with soph and lukas!

    Food Crew
    A very simple breakfast and a (mostly) vegan lunch.
    Lukas, Vango, Adam
    Tony, Anna & Lexi were also nominated - lettuce know if you're keen!
    Food crew also in charge of buying the first round of big containers of water, and keeping them filled at The Ship.
    Food is going to be free, but Lukas is going to organise a kitty so that people can pay a donation to 'sports milk' at the food stand, then go get beers at the...

    Bar
    Charlie is organising kegs of beer and Matt is helping him transport it.
    Clem, Tony, Jimmy and Charlie are down as organising a rota of bar tenders - more volunteers welcome!
    Jimmy is going to bring a toolbox and stand. This can go next to the bar so it's never out of sight of an LPC player.

    Accommodation
    Soph and Mya are negotiating a discount with The Dover Castle - hopefully this will include use of the toilets all day. They will also ask The Ship for use of toilets from 12pm Friday / Saturday / Sunday.

    Party
    Friday and Sunday night - The Ship. Saturday night - Dover Castle - Mya and Soph organising. DJs welcome! Hit up Mya and Soph if you want to DJ!

    Trophy
    Mya in charge - if you want to collaborate hit her up!

    Shelter if raining
    Clem and Max Knight are down to bring Gazebos. Anyone else?

    Entertainment
    We're gna buy some ping pong bats.
    Laura to talk to LCF about having a stall?
    Any other ideas?

    Sound System & Microphone
    Lexi to lend us speakers and co-ordinate with Matt about picking up a generator. Need to source a microphone.

    Sponsors / Prizes
    Frax is donating some shafts - thanks!
    Max Knight can you talk to Push Cycles?
    Beagle can you talk to Brixton Cycles?
    Jess to talk to Alejandro
    Jimmy to talk to Paradise Cycles
    Can someone get in touch with Lightfoot?
    I also think it would be super nice to have an art gallery again and use these as prizes like we did for the EU tournament. Let me know if you'd be up for this.

    Court building / takedown
    Matt, Max & Miles. Tournament on Sunday needs to finish by 8pm.
    MMM will also make scoreboards & a podium & bring a chalk board to write rounds on. Jimmy to make 6 bibs.

    Reffing
    Miles to be in charge of creating a reffing schedule. Pairs of refs doing 1 hour shifts. We will ask on the sign up form if people are willing to ref (including asking on the friday sign up if men who are staying are willing to ref hells belles too)

    Poster and Promo Vid
    Mya designing poster
    Mya, Frax & Jakub designing promo vid

    Merch // Welcome packs
    Camping mugs! Mya to design logo.
    Disposable Cameras
    Postcards & European stamps
    Soph to make cookies
    Jimmy to design some patches
    Frax to make stickers
    Soph and Mya to look into drawstring bags - maybe with screen printing?

    Google Map of Things to Do
    Adam, Vango and Lukas are going to design this. It will include transport routes from airports and congestion zone VLES zone for people who are driving. Also where free parking is.

    What we're saying to the council
    We cannot book Newington, so we will put up notices that say we've booked the court. Laura to help Jess to design some official looking notices.
    If someone from the council / police does turn up, Jess & one more person TBC is the point of contact.

    Accessing money
    Jess to ask Woody

    Announcing and Registration
    Announcing ASAP! Maybe even tomorrow! Then registration to open in mid Feb.

    Runners
    TBC next meeting.

    Next meeting
    SUNDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 4PM @ THE SHIP

    Wahoo so excited xxxxx

  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    #hellesbells2020 meeting:
    Jess
    Anna
    Soph
    Laura
    Mya
    Max
    Lukas
    Adam
    Matt
    Pedro

  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    #hellesbells2020 meeting:
    Jess
    Anna
    Soph
    Laura
    Mya
    Max
    Lukas
    Adam
    Matt

  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    WHOS COMING?

    1. Jess
    2. Soph
    3. Anna
  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    It's 2020 and what does that mean? HELLS BELLES IS COMING HOME LADS.

    We have LOTS of things to talk about and we'd love as many people of all genders to be involved as possible.

    The dates for Hells Belles will be 26th - 28th June 2020.

    We'd like to announce before the end of January so people can buy tickets, and Mya is back on Jan 15th, so we're proposing meeting on Sunday January 19th at The Ship at 4pm. Lots of time to play polo before.

    I have made an agenda but if you have specific things you'd like to talk about / brainstorm then hit me up and I'll add them to the list of things to talk about.

    SEE YOU THERE SLAYERS xxx

    #HELLSBELLES2020

  • in Bike Polo
    Avatar for jessielawson

    Monster Max
    Perilous Plumber
    Creepy Clement
    Lurking Laura
    Jess the Jynx
    Addams Family
    Larynx Lex
    Vampire Vango
    Jugular Jakub
    Chukkie II
    Ghoulish Georgie
    Apparition Anna
    Morbid Miles
    Screeching Sophie
    Leering Lukas

  • in Bike Polo
    Avatar for jessielawson

    Max
    2 Plumber
    3 cgg
    4 Laura
    5 Jess

  • in L.P.C.
    Avatar for jessielawson

    Keen to get involved in beginners again!

    Monday 21st October:
    Lexi
    Jess
    Matt
    basile
    Tony
    Paul
    Beagle

    • 7 comments
    • 124 views
Actions