My new years resolutions included: Get the workshop tidy, finish off some half-finished projects & ride smarter, cleaner, neater bikes...
(other resolutions included ride more hills and stay safe - faring less well on that one having hit an icy puddle en route to Henley last Saturday). Anyway, while I wait for my facial stiches to fall out and a new helmet to be delivered I can get cracking on the workshop!
Willing to consider offers on all items.
1) Beige cotton bar tape (Velox Tressorex) - packs of 2 rolls at £3.50 per
2) 48 spoke radial BMX wheel with 14mm axle (20" ISO 406) - £10 posted
3) NOS Alesa/Sachs aluminium rear wheel with 16T freewheel- 110mm OLN and 438-20 rim (which I understand to be a curiosity of the Netherlands with limited tyre choice) - £10 posted
4) 20" Front Wheel (406-20): lightweight Weinmann Zac20 aluminium rim, 28h Maillard Hub 100mm OLN, stainless spokes - £10 posted (NOS)
5) 20" Rear wheel. Pelissier Hub Rigida Rim (24-406) 110mm OLN 36h NOS - £3
6) 20" Rear wheel (406-20) Sturmey Archer singlespeed hub 115mm OLN chrome rim NOS - £3
7) 20" Rear wheel (for 6-speed block). 36h Rigida Chrolux 20x1.75. 36h, Mallard Hub, 126mm OLN - £3
8) 20" grubby, unmarked front wheel with knackered gangsterwhitewall tyre & Schraeder tube. 28h 88mm OLN, all steel (ISO 406 20") - £0 + postage
9) 20" rear - used 24-406, 36h, 110mm OLN, crazy braking surface, nicely built with washers under the nipples. Hub marked "Made in Czechoslovakia" for some old-school soviet-era vibes. £0 + postage
10) Pair of Big 20" (ISO 451) Raleigh wheel - NOS in very nice condition 20 x 1 3/8" but non-matching rims. - £0 + postage
Rear: Raleigh rim , 115mm OLN Maillard hub 28h
Front: Rigida superchromex rim, 100mm OLN Pelissier hub 36h
11) 26" oldschool mtb wheels - Rigida aluminium, 36h, Shimano 7spd screw-on block, bolt on rear - £5 + p&p
12) 28h steel coaster hub & 18T sprocket - £10 posted
13) Weinmann 20" aluminium 36h rim - it's a 451 ISO - £5
14) Budget hiphop wheels with tyres/tubes/lockring/cog - £35
15) Georg Totschnig's Bibshorts - free
16) Cannondale/Coda aheadstem (very long) - £8
17) Syntace lo-pro bulls (very low) - £8
18) Truvativ 31.8mm risers - £3
19) rigida clincher rims 36h wide £12
20) Normandy high flange hubs 36h
21) Pellisier Perrin 126mm 32h rear hub
22) Maillard 700 team issue front hub
Everything's in Ascot and I'm in Sunbury on Tuesdays. - if that doesn't work for you, then postage at cost.
1) First up I've got a few rolls of Tressorex. If you're into the beigeness they're yours for £3.50 /pack of 2 rolls
I'll dig out more crap when I get home - I've got tonnes of 20" wheels (many are free) so if you're planning a cargobike or pimping a raleigh 20 then watch this space.
Also I'm keen to get rid of a rat road frame - details to follow when I get home tonight.
my facial stiches
my facial stiches
Oof, you on the mend? Whereabouts did you hit the deck?
Subbed for 20" wheels...
Cheers yes, feeling much better. I managed to embed a pair of poc glasses into my face on the lanes around White Waltham, no concussion & no broken bones just a neat glasses rim cut/swelling all around my right eye!
Cool, I’ve got quite a rad bmx front radial and loads of more normal ones
Hope you're ok, dude.
Yikes. Icy or just bad traction luck?
Interested in the rat road frame pending pics
Yes, all healing well and not too painful either.
I'll get the details and photos of 20" wheels up this evening
icy, muddy and 20mph on not very sensible tyres
pics to follow this evening
Also interested in any 20” wheels.
Any chance of a 1" Threadless fork?
Oh mate, hope you are well and hope it was not that rat bike that caused the fall.
no it wasn't - I was out on this, a wholly unsuitable machine for such slippery and grimy conditions
2) 20” bmx wheel (radial) - unbranded
48 spoke - 14mm axle - 100mm OLN
Not much wear £10 posted?
3) 20” rear wheel - 110mm OLN
Alesa aluminium rim (36h) + aluminium Sachs Mallard hub + 16t freewheel (Union brand)
Condition: NOS, a bit dusty/shop soiled but unused
4) Raleigh branded 20” wheels NOS, no freewheel or track nuts. 3 pairs available
OEM parts from a Raleigh Twenty
£10 posted per pair
Photos to follow if anyone’s interested
What steerer length are you after?
At least 250mm I think. I'm modernising a vintage frame with a 165mm head tube and want to make sure I have a bit of post to play with :)
Could you let me know the hub spacing on this, 120?
It’s a standard 100mm oln (front)
Sorry, I’ve got a 653 fork with just 170mm steerer
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© LFGSS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
London Fixed Gear and Single-Speed is a community of predominantly fixed gear and single-speed cyclists in and around London, UK.
This site is supported almost exclusively by donations. Please consider donating a small amount regularly.