Wanted: Gilco / fluted / crimped tube

Posted on
  • Hi All.
    Probably rarer than hens teeth but you dont ask you don't get.
    I have a 53 square Rossin Ghibli with gilco style crimped tubes that has a damaged toptube in need of replacing.
    So I am trying to find a 540mm, 25.4mm, replacement top tube, with the gilco style crimping. To be honest I would consider any style as long as it is 25.4mm.
    I have been monitoring ebay etc. And chased a load of framebuilders without much joy.
    Any leads, thoughts, appreciated.

  • https://www.ebay.com/itm/332025142126

    From romania
    Sorry wrong size... the seller might be worth a contact.

  • Yes thanks I have contacted this chap. You are correct the tubes he has are too big. He did have one tube that was 25.4 but randomly only had a single crimp on one side!

  • There must be some about ive seen new frames built with them quite recently...good luck

  • So I tracked down a builder that had a few sets. However, as you can imagine he was saving them for building up a frame ... and understandably didn't want to part with just a top tube leaving the set incomplete!

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview

Wanted: Gilco / fluted / crimped tube

Posted by Avatar for etcdaman @etcdaman