Good luck with it! - we had the local preservation society up in arms about using cedar shingles in a part of the design in the back garden that no one would see apart from us and our neighbours either side...
Well I realise that I'm tempting fate here but my architect and I managed to finally get through to the planning officer last week.
He likes the scheme.
He sees no reason for it not to go ahead.
The decision will be made by him not the planning committee.
Non of our neighbours are objecting.
He was wondering seeing as he was supposed to make the decision ~ 4 months ago if we could possibly agree to extend that deadline until now + 2 weeks thankyouplease.
It looks like all systems are go giving us a decent amount of time to get building regs approval and find a supplier for the gluelam frame SIPS and other structural elements. I was hoping to start this summer but have been told, in no uncertain terms, by Mrs Bobbo that that would be too soon as we want to preserve most of the front garden as much as possible so next spring it is. On the plus side hopefully the cost of ply etc will have come down by then.
That sounds positive at least. Better delaying the project than having to go back to the drawing board with a different plan.
Did you get an Approval?
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© LFGSS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
London Fixed Gear and Single-Speed is a community of predominantly fixed gear and single-speed cyclists in and around London, UK.
This site is supported almost exclusively by donations. Please consider donating a small amount regularly.