Ok so it's just Yet Another Clearout Thread I'm afraid. The upfront warning is that I'm no natural salesman - probably clueless on pricing, terrible with pictures and unprepared to post - but hopefully this will be outweighed by some reasonably sought after items, at decent pricing, which can probably be dropped off within zone 2, or anywhere in 'North' London.
This is going to be a slowly updated, continual progression of stuff as I stumble across it in various cupboards, wardrobes and sheds. Forgive me, but at this stage it's more of a placeholder before I forget what I have (and to stop me procrastinating over this for even longer) - further details/prices will follow...
The list so far (see individual posts below for full details)...
1) Garmin Edge 820, unused but refurbished model received from Garmin yesterday £165 [SOLD]
2) Garmin Edge 25, used for handful of rides £40 [SOLD]
3) Oyama Greenville folding bike, ridden maybe 20miles £80 [SOLD]
4) Paul Comp E levers £25/£45 [SOLD]
5) Paul Comp Love levers £25/£45 [SOLD]
6) Thomson Seatpost - black 27.2 £30 [SOLD]
7) Several used but still skiddable folding tyres - Rubinos and Paves mainly - free [SOLD]
8) White Ind Eno 'rear wheel' - rim has totally reached end of life but hub is fine [SOLD]
9) White Ind Freewheels (16 and 17) [BOTH SOLD]
10) Two Carradice Bagman QRs (might need some fettling as it has those dodgy grub screws) [BOTH SOLD]
11) Carradice Super C saddlebag [SOLD]
12) Some saddles - Flite £10 [SOLD], Brompton £3 [SOLD] Brooks Ti Swift £65 [SOLD]
13) Some stems
14) Some bars - Fizik Cyrano R3 42cm £15 [SOLD]
15) Bont Vaypors, size 42 - ridden a handful of times £40
16) Oakley Jawbones Black/Iridium with 2 sets of spare lenses £60
17) Archie's Grobag Rosie Black £25 [SOLD]
18) The charred remains of what I think is an Ultegra 6500 groupset (chainset, calipers and shifters) £5 each or £10 for the 3 (there may be some bit missing so check the pics) [SOLD]
19) Evoc Bike Travel Bag, plus Road Fork Adapter and Chain cover £85 [SOLD]
More items to follow..
Potential dibs Super C
Interested in prices for White Industry freewheels and Paul Love levers (if you are OK to post). Ta
Also interested in the white ind freewheels - can meet in North london
Also interested in the Love Levers
damn looks like the WI freewheels are gone already!
Interested in the Thomson if it's a straight one
seconds on the Super C
Could be interested in the e-levers depending on price/photos
@Rod_Munch Where are you?!
Sorry dudes I had to leggit to the office (I did warn about slow updates on this placeholder post). I'll update the thread with some pics and prices over the weekend (I'll attempt to honour dibs where it is feasible). I hadn't actually expected anyone to reply without prices, but there you go! :)
dibs bagman QR, will send pm
Up for collecting the tires! Will pm
Third interest in the Love Levers.
1) Garmin Edge 820, unused but refurbished model received from Garmin yesterday. Includes out-front mount (used once), official rubber case (not included when buying retail). Has a 3 month warrantly on it..
Full disclosure, this is a dog's breakfast of a product (you can read my thoughts on it in The Garmin Thread) - or check the terrible reviews on the Garmin site. So buyer beware..
In fairness to it though, the original device got me through 7,200miles without ever crashing once and uploaded every ride automatically. I also found I could eek the battery out for about 13 hours without even using the 'powersave' mode. I learnt to work within it's limitations (touchscreen mainly) and it was 'fine'. I returned it to Garmin last week because the display was degrading slightly internally and I only had one week of warranty left. They immediately sent me a refurbished model which looks new (it has a screen protector on in the pic) and seems somehow heftier and sturdier than my 'launch' product. I was tempted to keep it and see if it's better but my ageing eyes need a bigger screen sadly..
@fil2016 has dibs on this (but hasn't seen the price yet!)
2) Garmin Edge 25, used for handful of rides
This is, by Garmin standards, a nifty little device but it annoys me because you can't switch it off without ending and saving a ride - meaning you have to leave it on when you are stopped unless you want to have 2 rides (or more) to upload at the end. First world problems I know, but anyway..
3) Oyama Greenville folding bike, ridden maybe 20miles. Singlespeed and super spinny! it's the 16 inch model so realistically it's not going to fit anyone over 5 foot 7 I'm afraid - and the max weight is apparently 75kg..
I bought this new for £230,which was apparently half-price, for someone who was ill to get to the shops on (and store easily) but sadly they haven't been able to use it.. cue X Factor piano music.. It's been barely touched since then.
4) Paul Comp E levers [SOLD]
These are the 22.2mm clamp version - "the diameter of most mountain bike handlebars. Many flat bars, risers and city bars have this diameter. It is measured at the end of the bar where grips and brake levers attach." (this despite the packet saying they are for drop bars!)
Good condition.. £25 each or £45 for the pair
@marky_marksafc has first dibs but hasn't seen pics or price yet
5) Paul Comp Love levers
These are the compact version and in good condition but I did just notice the tiny 'reach-adjust' grub screw is missing from one of them - I never used it and unless you have sub-Trump fingers I doubt you would either..
The extra barrel adjuster was sent by Paul as the original had no slot cut in it (manufacturing error) and I emailed them about it. In the meantime I cut the slot myself so it's just a spare now..
£25 each or £45 for the pair
Various people expressed an interest, but hadn't seen any details, in this order...
@flash (but I'm not willing to post I'm afraid)
6) Thomson Seatpost - black 27.2, straight and 330mm
A few scratches on the back and the clamp/screws are a bit gritty but unless you've got mudguards this will happen pretty quickly regardless..
@andyfallsoff has dibs on this (but hasn't seen it, or the price yet!)
7) Several used but still skiddable folding tyres - Rubinos and Paves mainly - free
8) White Ind Eno 'rear wheel' - rim has totally reached end of life but hub is fine
9) White Ind Freewheels (16 and 17) [16t SOLD]
Apologies, I should have engaged my memory before listing these as I had totally forgotten how many miles I'd put on them. I crap at judging teeth wear but the 16t looks fucked to be honest...
You can but the outers seperately for between £35 and £50. This still spins like a dream though...
As for the wheel/hub and the 17t (which is less worn) - they are still attached and, although I have the tool, I would much prefer not to have to skin my knuckles getting it off (it might be fine, I haven't tried it). Trust me, the rim is dead so it's not really a wheel you are buying here, it just happens to contain a lovely hub and I can't be arsed to dismantle it! So..
£50 for wheel/hub and freewheel together.
£40 for wheel/hub if no one wants both.
£20 for the Freewheel.
If I can find it, the removal tool is £10 - or £5 if bought with hub and freewheel.
@flash (but I'm not willing to post I'm afraid)
dibs on the 17t freewheel
10) 2 x Carradice Bagman QRs (might need some fettling as it has those dodgy grub screws)
[Expedition version SOLD]
This is the non-'Expedition' model - but it's quite old and doesn't have the upturned end. I barely used it and had trouble stopping it wobbling around the grub screws (like half the internet if you google it!). Looking at it now it seems totally solid so I'm reluctant to touch it (if they are seized, that's a massive result!). Based on this being a bit of an unknown quantity..
@.gaz. has dibs on this..
11) Carradice Super C saddlebag
I think there are a few versions of this so I'm not sure if this is the one people have been dibsing for but this is in barely used condition. I think I used it for one weekend on a Brompton - and it's never got wet. Difficult to get a good photo of but anyway..
@PhilDAS has first dibs
@platypus is second
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© LFGSS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
London Fixed Gear and Single-Speed is a community of predominantly fixed gear and single-speed cyclists in and around London, UK.
This site is supported almost exclusively by donations. Please consider donating a small amount regularly.