Then all the surplus canti braze ons got removed and I removed the new disc and cable guides as well as I wanted to run a continous outer for the 1x10 setup and the brake hose routing didn't seem to fit the disc tab.
Sick mods mate
Ground/filed the brass around the disc tab
Before fiddling with getting the Deore calipers to fit
It ended up looking like it will clear, but I'd like a nothing half mm of clearance. I'll get back to that when it's been painted and I've found a rear hub.
Finally I had to look at the seatpost situation. It was supposed to take a 29.5 mm seatpost, which proved impossible to source, so I ordered a 29.6 mm #tester_approved Kalloy one. When it arrived it turned out that it fit when I had reamed a bit of brass for the seatpost clamp out. The seattube seemed a bit flared/mangled and it closes a bit too much for my liking, but I think it'll work.
Almost a bit much for a Monday
I'll try and make a more continous flow of updates in the future.
Last, but not least, I had a visit from the lovely @t0-ster who shot some pics of my @Hulsroy for @Hulsroy. Now he's just waiting for me to not be a useless slacker and sending him a bit of text. Will get sorted after tonights parts run.
I don't mind the dumps. But there is a lot of quality tinkering going on here for daily fixes...
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© LFGSS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
London Fixed Gear and Single-Speed is a community of predominantly fixed gear and single-speed cyclists in and around London, UK.
This site is supported almost exclusively by donations. Please consider donating a small amount regularly.