Instructor insurance

Posted on
  • Which companies are people using for insuring themselves when delivering freelance or private cycle training?

    I am aware of the CTC insurance, are there any others?

  • so the ride membership would give me cover too?­hip/ride

  • That ^ looks like insurance as a cyclists not a trainer

  • From the previous link you posted "Professional Indemnity insurance (to an indemnity limit of £5m) and Public Liability insurance (to an indemnity limit of £10m) is provided to qualifying members (i.e. Race Silver/Gold and Ride) who hold either a valid British Cycling Coaching qualification and/or a British Cycling approved leadership or instruction qualification together with a valid First Aid certificate."

    So it appears the ride membership automatically gives coaching insurance, though I was surprised at this.

  • Yes and cheaper than CTCs

  • Bump on this, is it still either BC or CUK?

    Big price difference, £44 vs £127.

    BC are compulsory helmets during training no?

    Any others that allow optional helmet use?

  • ^ tagging @skydancer & @dancing james any thoughts on the above be a great help.

  • I also found insure4sport £86 quoted.

    Anyone use them?

  • I wasn’t aware of the BC helmet requirement. Sorry can’t really help with this as my provider give me insurance.

  • Ok, thanks. I'll check again with BC.

  • Agree with DJ. Not aware of helmet compulsion for cycle training, perhaps for other disciplines.

    I'm insured through butterworth spengler cycle activity insurance

  • Thanks helmet defo compulsory for some bc activities but their helmet policy suggests optional in non-sporty stuff.

    butterworth spengler

    Appears on CUK insurance certs, but offers separate cover too then? Is that cheaper? A bit like branded beans vs supermarket own brand?

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview

Instructor insurance

Posted by Avatar for dancing james @dancing james