What to do in the case of an accident (discussion)

Posted on
of 25
First Prev
/ 25
  • I emailed them saying treatment was ongoing and with an expectation that the offer should be higher and they are now saying I will need to reject the offer and engage a solicitor. Why can't I just argue with them myself? I don't want to fuck about with solicitors. I saw this as a bit of an opportunity to learn about the process.

  • Just looked at CAMS. They don't have a secure website so they're DTM.

  • they're DTM.

    Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters?

  • Ahh I see

    Deep Tissue Massage

  • Dan The Man!

  • Are you a british cycling member? Free legal advice is included with membership.

  • Not for years.

  • Is there a procedure if you have an incident with a pedestrian?

    I had an Asian woman walk out in front of me on my brompton this morning, i'm ok and there's only superficial damage to my bag or bike but i ended up just riding off to work

  • You're supposed to take their wallet first.

  • somehow she was still standing and i was in a heap on the floor.

    Odd incident - i had right of way at a cross roads in Pimlico and a woman on a Dutch bike pulled out across me, this woman had started crossing the road directly behind her so as the dutch bike cleared she was just stood frozen in the middle of the left lane.

    I'm sore AF now mind

    I didn't really know what to do at the time, i just sat on the floor with a load of people looking at me awkwardly, checked nothing was particularly broken and slowly rode off to work

  • Unfortunate. Last time some dopey ped ran in front of me I went straight back to the hospital I'd just left to get my face put back together. Last time I'll bother booking an afternoon off after a hospital visit.

    I guess if nothing much is damaged there's nothing much to do except mend up? Did you exchange any details?

  • Nah no details exchanged, after i picked myself up and checked my stuff, this woman just stood there very awkwardly and wouldn't look at me or say anything, along with two people who stopped as they were walking past.

    Could be much worse of course, still infuriating you just have to suck it up.

  • Yeah, it's shit. If you don't have any details you're kinda out of luck. It's worthwhile getting them because I often think everything is fine and only notice broken stuff later on. You never see everything with a quick post-crash glance.

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview

What to do in the case of an accident (discussion)

Posted by Avatar for pipwish @pipwish