What time is it? Watches and horology

Posted on
Page
of 2,631
First Prev
/ 2,631
Last Next
  • This one cool on the inside not so cool on the outside https://youtu.be/gZI2ln66WDM

  • As with all Richard Mille, only for footballers and minor Saudi royalty.

    Anyone with taste would spend the money elsewhere.

  • Had to google Bubba Watson.

    He does golfs.

  • I had to Google him as well. Nadal and Massa i get but making a pink watch to match the 66th ranked golfer in the worlds clubs seems like an odd one.

  • Nadal and Massa i get but making a pink watch to match the 66th ranked golfer in the worlds clubs seems like an odd one.

    He's seen as financially canny and is one of the longest hitters of the ball. Weirdo AlPhA MaLe golfists love him for it. He strong and rich you see? /facepalm

    Edit: he also has a notable following because he's a rare pure lefty in the pro golf ranks.

  • 66th ranked golfer in the worlds clubs seems like an odd one.

    He's won a couple of majors so not a total random.

    Obligatory I don't golf and I'm not defending a golfist.

  • I can't work out if that watch is LHD because so many photos of it have been mirrored...or not!

  • He was better than that when the relationship started, maybe 8 years ago? At the time he was the longest hitter around, and the pink driver meant he had something akin to a personality which is rare in the golf world (if you're absolutely determined to do a golf tie-in tourbillon then beggers can't be choosers). Can't believe anyone has ever spent money on a Bubba Watson Watch though.

  • he's a rare pure lefty in the pro golf ranks.

    A lefty golfer...?

    Don't post that in that other thread... The resulting implosion would break lufgus and the internetz.

  • He's also a golfist named "Bubba." You have no idea how many redneck golfers there are in the US who do not see themselves in the rest of the PGA tour. This guy though....he's a Bubba. That gives him a relatability to American golf fans that no one can touch.

    There are almost 80 golf courses near Houston. A city of 4 million. They are maybe 4-5 posh courses in that number, only 2 of which host PGA events. That's 5% of the total number of courses. The other 95% are being played by people who don't give a shit about prestige, one out of every 16 pairs playing probably has a Bubba in it.

  • 1300 Courses in Florida, 900 in Texas. That doesn't even cover the rest of the South, which really is the only part of the USA where can golf for 12 months of the year. The Bubba army is massive.

  • Bet not many players on those courses wear a $500k watch though

  • Name the movie


    1 Attachment

    • IMG_20220517_210144.jpg
  • I'd say a Terminator, but only because red and text

  • Also Name the watch...

  • Bet not many players on those courses wear a $500k watch though

    However, the number $10-50k watches on those courses would surprise you. And the number of RM fans just went up within that demographic.

  • I reckon Terminator 3 as i don't remember such blatant product placement in 1 or 2 (and also the HUD is giving the year as 2016).

    AP Royal Oak offshore but no idea which model.

  • nwd


    1 Attachment

    • 21791391-92D2-4D13-BAE8-6B35CFCEACC5.jpeg
  • The Bubba army is massive.

    This is a terrifying thought.

  • Congrats -is that the B2100? First (of many no doubt) on the forum!

    I think the yellow one might be calling my name...

  • Yellow just arrived


    1 Attachment

    • E3A0DA94-990C-4E32-A127-CEE5F31ADB9A.jpeg
  • That's the one! Surely you don't need a coffee to wake you up if you've got something that bright on your wrist :)

  • Nice. Looks like mine might arrive today as well then.

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview
About

What time is it? Watches and horology

Posted by Avatar for coppiThat @coppiThat

Actions