Non-Ebay Deals/Bargains

Posted on
Page
of 191
First Prev
/ 191
  • Glad it worked out. The discounts seem to have decreased as it was 60% the other day, now 40%. You can still stack discounts as well so it doesn't affect the higher value items like jackets but the jerseys are now a bit higher.

  • Reilly seem to be having a decent Black Friday effort with 40% off some frame sets and £100 of Fulrcum Racing 7 wheels
    Reilly Cycle Works Black Friday

  • OMG wish you hadn't shown me that!

  • I paid £504 from Wiggle about 2 years ago and thought I got a cracking deal then….

  • This will (could) face import tax and VAT?

    For orders above £135 it is more complicated as they also attract import duty, which can range from 0% to 25% of the item’s value depending on what it is, what material it is made from and its declared value. There are thousands of different rates of duty and the system is difficult to navigate. Clothes typically attract a 12% customs duty, but it’s hard to generalise.
    VAT is then added to the total – at the prevailing UK rate, which for most adult items is 20%. The couriers also add their admin charge of between £8 (Royal Mail) and £11.50 (UPS), or 2.5% of the amount paid to clear customs, with a minimum charge of £11 (DHL).

    At the end of the day, they'd come up more expensive than buying them from wiggle. If you change the delivery country to an EU country, it will have VAT added to it automatically (578.99 euros to Hungary).

  • So are retailers now selling to uk less VAT knowing it’s added on import?

  • According to this, the value of the item makes a difference:

    Online orders up to £135 are now supposed to have the UK’s prevailing VAT rate added at the point of sale by the EU retailer, which has to have registered with HM Revenue & Customs.

    Edit: If I just put a charger in the basket (less than £135) and nothing else on their webshop, it adds the VAT automatically.

  • For orders over £135, yes. Plus import duty, if payable.

  • Also price without VAT will be listed as you don’t pay VAT to us because you don’t live in EU.
    Normally VAT have to be paid at the border. Local rate at 20%. As it is an European product there should be no extra import duty charged on complete bikes

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview
About

Non-Ebay Deals/Bargains

Posted by Avatar for Elioterio @Elioterio

Actions