• Oh is not about that. I have no problem to pay for return especially if my error is on my part too. But not 36% of the cost of it. The item can fit as a large letter the most. A 2nd class with signature would be around £1 and a little. Paying £3.60 is very far fetched for a small item and low value.

  • Oh is not about that. I have no problem to pay for return especially if error is on my part too. But not 36% of the cost of it. The item can fit as a large letter the most. A 2nd class with signature would be around £1 and a little. Paying £3.60 is very far fetched for a small item and low value.

  • If I remember correctly you can choose to send it back yourself and not use eBay's postage payment service. You could send it with a single large letter stamp, but it won't be tracked and the seller could say it never arrived, which would mean no refund for you.

  • There was no option. It took me straight to delivery choice. Which were 2. RM(tracked 48) £3.60 and Click&Collect at £4.66 and after this printing label. I think it was my 2nd return in 9 years but do not remember anything like this. The other return a couple of years ago was due to my fault too, and a more expensive item, but no such thing to be forced to choose way to deliver.

    I heard a few years back that they made a agreement with RM for deliveries and just wonder if it is part of agreement to have this kind of rip-off.

    As for not geting there there is the proof of sending(I don't put stamps on whatever I send), so I think that should be sorted.

  • Wondering what people think about this current ebay predicament.

    I sold a nice carbon frameset in lovely condition a few weeks back. The seller was very happy until last night I had a message to say that one of the bottle cage bolts is seized and he can't remove it. He subsequently sent me a message to say if he can't free it he wants a refund. (He said he would soak it in wd40 and see if that does the trick first).

    Of course I didn't think to check those bolts.. My thinking is, if he can't free it using a variety of pretty standard methods available first, I will suggest to pay for it to be removed professionally. I feel this would be the appropriate response to this since he wanted the frameset, not send it back as if there's no way to remove a siezed up bolt?

    Can anyone share their thoughts..?

  • Might be worth arranging this before he fucks it with a chemical that doesn't like composite.

    Or be like, sure, you can have a refund after you've returned it.

  • Cancel the sale. Pretty clear reason to do so and the sellers demeanour suggests they'd definitely be a twunt if anything went wrong.

  • There is no sensible option other than offer a refund before he even starts any chemical process. Once it is returned, refund and then sort it out yourself and re-list.

  • I think it’s something you risk when buying a secondhand frame and not your problem.

    If you’re still in the buyer protection window the decision might be made for you though.

  • Thanks for the responses, he has been in contact this morning - luckily he has managed to undo it with lots of wd40 a hex and a rubber band. Lots of hassle saved on both sides! I think had he not been able to remove it, I would have taken back the frame, assessed it for damage, then refund and relist.

    Thanks again

  • Bullet dodged

  • I sold a frame at the weekend and the buyer has decided they don't want to pay what they bid for it. I'd like to cancel the order and offer to the second bidder. How can I do that correctly so I don't get charged fees twice and the blame falls on the 'buyer'?

  • I think you do a ‘last chance offer’ or something.

  • Ebay will credit yr fees for a cancelled purchase

  • Buyer just trying it on. Cancel original purchase. Make sure choose "cancel order" "buyer requested to cancel" as other reasons count against you and once hit a percentage ebay restrict your account for a while. Original buyer will either pay up or cancel. Any problems contact ebay about it. They are pretty helpful.
    Select "2nd chance offer" to sell to 2nd bidder if happy with price
    If that fails wait for next final value £1 promo weekend and relist.
    (block original time waster)

  • eBay shops that do this; say they have 3 available then turns out after ordering that they don't hold stock and have instead ordered it from Hope.
    Order cancelled and will be popping to the local shop today to order from them instead.
    FFS!


    1 Attachment

    • cal.PNG
  • Has anyone returned things to an Amazon Marketplace seller before?

    Got sent the wrong item and have to return it so they can send the right one.
    But I'm confused about postage...
    I already paid £20 for them to send the wrong thing, and now it seems I have to pay again to send it back, then presumably pay a third time for them to send the correct item.

    Is that normal? Who is supposed to paying for what here?

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview
About

eBay problems, resolutions, shenanigans, questions and info (not bike finds)

Posted by Avatar for benthebrummie @benthebrummie

Actions