• Frame Number 946171
    built in 1946 and the 171st frame built since the shop in Camberwell opened in 1945.
    Note the oval fork blades, suggesting the frame was built for road racing and TT's. and not track work.

    "Forged" front dropouts, according to A.S Gillott's sales leaflets.

    The tang under the seatstay is a sure sign the frame was built by Bill Philbrook who worked for Gillotts straight after he war.

About