• Yesterday I did an everesting ride up Exedown Hill in Kent. I did 84 reps but for some reason my Wahoo didn't registered speed or distance for the last 5, even though altitude HRM and power kept recording.

    What's the best way to try and recover the file, if it's possible? I wouldn't normally be that bothered, but for a ride like this it feels worth investigating, and also curious what might have caused the issue in the first place

    Recorded on Wahoo Element Roam which has been flawless since I got it a year ago. But I've never done a ride which I have segmented into so many laps, so wonder if this might have caused the confusion. Screenshot of one of the graphs from the Wahoo app showing drop out of distance at the end.

  • Oh man, that's gutting! Sorry I can't help with recommendations of how to recover the file, but wanted to say that high number of laps shouldn't be the issue. I've everested using a Wahoo Bolt and did over 100 laps with no issue. What you've described is utterly bizarre. Given that all your sensors continued to record, it does sound like the gps chip in the wahoo may have turned off or malfunctioned in some way.

  • Thanks. I'm at peace that I definitely rode the climb (https://www.strava.com/segments/28880824¬≠) 84 times so have scratched the Everesting itch. Would be nice to be able to prove/share it though.

    The data is weirdly inconsistent. The clearest view of the issue I have been able to show is on Garmin Connect, where you can see the last 6 laps missing the location data:
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activi­ty/7319090298

    What's odd is that Garmin seems to overwrite the elevation recorded on the device to come up with a different total of 28,434ft.

    It's all totally arbitrary and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of point stressing about inaccuracies between different GPS recording devices, but on the other hand #ifitsnotonstrava...

About