You are reading a single comment by @Airhead and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I’ve just got a new DJ mixer - Allen & Heath Xone32 - on which the master out is TRS jack, rather than phono, as my last mixer was.

    There is a phono record-out, but using that alone to my amp means the LED master-out levels do not illuminate, which I use to make sure the two channels are equal. I also want the record-out to run into my PC.

    Anyway, is this a simple case of buying a TRS to phono lead and running into my amp? If so, any reccos out of the many on Amazon?

  • You should be ok with a mono unbalanced trs to phono, it's possible that the trs output will be louder than the phono output, depending on what sort of protocol they're using. I like van Damme cables with Neutrix connectors just because I've not had any fail and I've never heard any odd limitation of the signal using these. I do have tons of other types some of which have failed (Chinese amazon type I'm looking at you). They might seem expensive, it depends on the length (ooh err).


Avatar for Airhead @Airhead started