• So, it seems royal mail have a specific address for reporting vehicle incidents. Not sure if I should do that or if I should go directly for a lawyer.

    That bike had huge sentimental value (plus a lot of actual value) and my long weekend away cycling just got stuffed.

  • Exhaust their official procedure first, document everything, and escalate if that's not satisfactory. The company should realise that paying for a replacement bike will be cheaper than engaging in a dragged-out adversarial process.

    Have yourself checked out properly. All too often people walk away from a crash thinking they're fine when they're not. If you need compensation for injuries, too, it may be necessary to find a lawyer.

  • If you are a CTC/British Cycling/LCC member then call them up and talk to their lawyers. Even if they only help you follow the usual routes it's good to get input.
    If you aren't a member, consider becoming one! Then check your home insurance, it may include legal cover.