A A A A
View Poll Results: How will you vote in the London Mayoral and London Assembly elections 2012?
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Boris Johnson, Conservative Party 20 13.61%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Jenny Jones, Green Party 82 55.78%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Ken Livingstone, Labour Party 34 23.13%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrats 3 2.04%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Boris Johnson, Conservative Party 10 6.80%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Jenny Jones, Green Party 36 24.49%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Ken Livingstone, Labour Party 62 42.18%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrats 14 9.52%
London Assembly London-wide list: Conservative Party 8 5.44%
London Assembly London-wide list: Green Party 51 34.69%
London Assembly London-wide list: Labour Party 20 13.61%
London Assembly London-wide list: Liberal Democrats 7 4.76%
hippy, lord and ruler of the earth world 16 10.88%
princess leia 4 2.72%
wibble, lover of merge 2 1.36%
bob the builder 5 3.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

#VoteBike - 2012 London Mayoral elections
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012   #401
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
Final forum results are in--Jenny Jones is the LFGSS Mayor of London, hanging on to her absolute majority in the first round.

I think as far as London Assembly seats are concerned, the Greens would get six, Labour three, and the Conservatives and Lib Dems 1 each (11 total). Added to this would be the fourteen constituency seats, for which we didn't hold a mock vote.

Quote:
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Boris Johnson, Conservative Party 20 13.61%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Jenny Jones, Green Party 82 55.78%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Ken Livingstone, Labour Party 34 23.13%
*First* Preference Vote for Mayor: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrats 3 2.04%

*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Boris Johnson, Conservative Party 10 6.80%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Jenny Jones, Green Party 36 24.49%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Ken Livingstone, Labour Party
62 42.18%
*Second* Preference Vote for Mayor: Brian Paddick, Liberal Democrats 14 9.52%

London Assembly London-wide list: Conservative Party 8 5.44%
London Assembly London-wide list: Green Party
51 34.69%
London Assembly London-wide list: Labour Party 20 13.61%
London Assembly London-wide list: Liberal Democrats 7 4.76%
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #402
wibble
 
wibble's Avatar
This reminds me of my high school doing a mock general election thing with students representing each of the parties, including hustings..

If I remember correctly, the monster raving loony party swept to power in a landslide.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #403
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
I thought about including the Monster Raving Loony Party in my summing-up, but I realised that hippy wasn't a serious politician.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #404
wibble
 
wibble's Avatar
I take the bottom four votes as spoilt ballots..
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #405
hippy
 
hippy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Schick View Post
I thought about including the Monster Raving Loony Party in my summing-up, but I realised that hippy wasn't a serious politician.
*raises Oliver's tax*
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #406
Skully
 
Skully's Avatar
This talk of intimidation at polling stations in TH reminds me, 'Respect' activists were at it when I lived there a while at the last GLA/mayoral ballot and the GE. I had abuse from doorsteppers at home and a group of people at the station when I openly responded my intentions not to vote for them. This was at Columbia School E2.

Today I voted Livingstone > Jones, Green on other papers. I did not 'vote' here - skydancer's comment holds true for me.

somebody's account made me laugh. I have been taking my bike into places where cycle provsion isn't provided elsewhere, museums and suchlike, and I have made it a policy to bring my bike into places where lockups aren't obvious. Goodonyer phil.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #407
MrBig-Gdonor
 
MrBig-G's Avatar
On walking out of the polling station today, a little old lady asked me for my registration number. I said I didn't have it to hand but she asked for my address and surname instead. I willingly gave it but afterwards wondered why she had asked. She had a big red rosette pinned to her lapel so assumed she was a something to do with Labour.

I now know she was probably a teller. Why would she ask me for my registration number, with the parting shot 'don't worry I wont sell you anything' ?
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #408
BlueQuinndonor
 
BlueQuinn's Avatar
Oh Jesus Christ, there's more of them
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #409
Scoot
 
Scoot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig-G View Post
On walking out of the polling station today, a little old lady asked me for my registration number. I said I didn't have it to hand but she asked for my address and surname instead. I willingly gave it but afterwards wondered why she had asked. She had a big red rosette pinned to her lapel so assumed she was a something to do with Labour.

I now know she was probably a teller. Why would she ask me for my registration number, with the parting shot 'don't worry I wont sell you anything' ?
We had one of those too, with a red rosette and all, she said it was to check our names off the list so that we wouldn't be rung up later in the day to be hassled to go and vote
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #410
MrBig-Gdonor
 
MrBig-G's Avatar
Ah, well there you go. Good work little old lady.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #411
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
Quote:
11.55pm: Labour have won a seat in Basildon from the Tories. In the Pitsea ward, Labour won 932 seats, the Tories 564, Ukip 323 - and the Lib Dems just 97.
Er wut? From the Guardian blog.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #412
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
Bit late, but this did go up before polling, I've not been able to post it here as I've been busy, but here's the interview with Brian Paddick

  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #413
tommmmmmmdonor
 
tommmmmmm's Avatar
Sounds like it's bad news for Ken already.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #414
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
http://londonersonbikes.tumblr.com/ - any of you guys here? :)

to(m^6) - ?
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #415
skydancerdonor
 
skydancer's Avatar
Quote:
• Ukip and the Greens have done well in certain ward where the results have already come in.
From guardian blog

Interesting contrast, start of the rise of the non mainstream parties.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #416
tommmmmmmdonor
 
tommmmmmm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrem View Post
http://londonersonbikes.tumblr.com/ - any of you guys here? :)

to(m^6) - ?
I was parked across the road from mine, wouldn't have made a good photo!
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #417
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
I was wondering what the bad news for Ken was...
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #418
tommmmmmmdonor
 
tommmmmmm's Avatar
Ah right.

On Question Time, they were discussing it as if it were a foregone conclusion that he had lost.

On the live election show that followed it and is on BBC1 now, they mentioned the result being much the same as it was four years ago, and were asking Sadiq Khan where it had gone wrong.

All based on exit polls I suppose, but still disappointing.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #419
missmouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrem View Post
http://londonersonbikes.tumblr.com/ - any of you guys here? :)

to(m^6) - ?
love it!
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #420
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
missmouse - there are more on facebook, and on twitter I think, not sure, I've been busy all day
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #421
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
The Ken vote has increased probably since 2008, as it did then from the 2004 levels. The Tory campaigns for 2008 in particular persuaded Tory suburbanites to come out which eclipsed the central london voting pattern.

That Tory vote would need to shift for the result to change, which it never will.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #422
missmouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQuinn View Post
Oh Jesus Christ, there's more of them
Wooooaaaaah!

Now I wont sleep tonight.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #423
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
The brunette look's like the hired help. She has to wake up at 4am to shoe and muck them out each morning.

And obviously put their blinkers on.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #424
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
'muck'
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #425
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
thanks
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #426
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
what are you on about?
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #427
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neu View Post
what are you on about?
Er?
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #428
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Schick View Post
Vote Boris
.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #429
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
Too late.
  quote   reply
Old 3rd May 2012   #430
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
yeah you win.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #431
Dramatic Hammerdonor
As someone on my facebook feed said:
"The only thing worse than the sense of self-loathing you get from voting for Ken Livingstone is the sense of self-loathing you get from voting for Ken Livingstone, coupled with the stomach churning certainty that you're going to get Boris Johnson regardless."
:(
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #432
socialamnesiadonor
 
socialamnesia's Avatar
It hurts, but the only real possibility of getting a genuine green presence near the mayors office was to vote tactically.
Voted green on everything but the mayoral first choice... Here's hoping the dismally low turnout works against boris.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #433
socialamnesiadonor
 
socialamnesia's Avatar
Had read up on boris' attitude to dealing with London air quality last night - seething I didn't try to get active during the run up to the election.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #434
Dramatic Hammerdonor
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialamnesia View Post
It hurts, but the only real possibility of getting a genuine green presence near the mayors office was to vote tactically.
Voted green on everything but the mayoral first choice... Here's hoping the dismally low turnout works against boris.
It makes no difference to the Boris percentage which way round you vote so I went Green 1st, Ken 2nd.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #435
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialamnesia View Post
It hurts, but the only real possibility of getting a genuine green presence near the mayors office was to vote tactically.
Voted green on everything but the mayoral first choice... Here's hoping the dismally low turnout works against boris.
http://www.londonersonbikes.org.uk/i..._a_wasted_vote
and a bit more detail
http://www.londonersonbikes.org.uk/how_to_vote

I'll just leave those there
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #436
MrDrem
 
MrDrem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Schick View Post
Final forum results are in--Jenny Jones is the LFGSS Mayor of London, hanging on to her absolute majority in the first round.

I think as far as London Assembly seats are concerned, the Greens would get six, Labour three, and the Conservatives and Lib Dems 1 each (11 total). Added to this would be the fourteen constituency seats, for which we didn't hold a mock vote.
Hmm, the london wide assembly is far more complicated than that, you need the constituency seat numbers to work it out sadly.

see http://www.londonelects.org.uk for more details (can't find exact link, site is effectievly being DDOS'd by everyone looking at it!)
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #437
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialamnesia View Post
Had read up on boris' attitude to dealing with London air quality last night - seething I didn't try to get active during the run up to the election.
You probably had low energy levels due to the asthma
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #438
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatic Hammer View Post
It makes no difference to the Boris percentage which way round you vote so I went Green 1st, Ken 2nd.
It makes a difference if Boris gets a majority on the first round, but that is unlikely.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #439
wibble
 
wibble's Avatar
but even if Boris got a majority on the first round, a vote for Ken 1st choice wouldn't stop Boris getting in..
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #440
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
Yea, but I meant if you don't vote 1st Ken then Boris gets the majority of 1st votes, but of course whoever you vote for is cutting away his majority so yea, you're right it doesn't matter.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #441
Dramatic Hammerdonor
Getting the most votes in the first round means nothing if it's under 50% of the total votes.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #442
Oliver Schickdonor
 
Oliver Schick's Avatar
Rod Munch, eat your heart out:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/greggdd69/15...-boris-jo-5v0w
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #443
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
HAH

  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #444
SPdonor
 
SP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatic Hammer View Post
I went Green 1st, Ken 2nd.
+1
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #445
C.B.
 
C.B.'s Avatar
I am hoping that the reports that boris will win are only based on the 1st pref then when we enter the second round I think Ken will get all of the greens and all of the libs votes and that could swing it for him.
Unless of course boris got a majority.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #446
Dramatic Hammerdonor
Boris is on 45%, Ken 40% so far.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #447
dickidonor
 
dicki's Avatar
how many of these are johnsons ?
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #448
neudonor
 
neu's Avatar
^ They're all dicks if that's what you mean.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #449
pootsmanuva
 
pootsmanuva's Avatar
Anyone going to the Londoners On Bikes results party tonight? I have a feeling I may be crying into my beer.
  quote   reply
Old 4th May 2012   #450
adoubletap
 
adoubletap's Avatar
Paddick getting a kicking; fifth behind the independant candidate in Merton and Wands
  quote   reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012-06-23 Sat - The Maths Geek Ride 0001.5 - London to Bletchley to London Object Rides & Races 501 3 Weeks Ago 14:07
2012-01-12/15 The London Bike Show @ Excel London bodieanddoyle General 62 7th August 2012 13:20
2012-06-23 - 2012-07-08 London Festival of Architecture - leaders & marshals needed missmouse Rides & Races 104 6th July 2012 20:13
2012-06-10 - London Ditchling Devil (London-Brighton-London) 200km Audax, June 10 manotea Rides & Races 49 12th June 2012 22:14
2012-03-18 - London's Famous Subterranean London KT Bee Rides & Races 364 24th March 2012 23:16

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47.
Creative Commons License, BY-SA v2.0
no new posts