|28th February 2011||#1|
| || |
Solo Polo drills
Confess your love of solo polo.
These are some of the things I like to do:
1) Do a lap of the court using as few touches as possible, ideally 1 along the width and 1 along the length.
2) Pass the ball the length of the court and then ride the front wheel around the ball as many times as possible before running out of court.
3) Dribble the length of the court at a constant speed, keeping the ball within the length of the bike but moving it forwards to the front axle, stopping it until the rear axle catches up and then moving it forwards again. Repeat on the offside.
4) Shots at cones/cans/whatever from various angles, distances, backhands, forehands, off-side, foot on, foot off, high kicks, golf shots etc.
5) Whatever trick is hype that week, currently hopping the front wheel over the ball so it's on your off-side and then shooting.
6) Lobs into the basketball ring.
7) Hockey dribbles where your wrist turns through 180 and the ball moves left to right. Repeat on the off-side.
8) Off the bike, standing feet apart and dribble the ball in a figure 8 round your body and between your feet. Use as few touches as possible or learn to keep the ball on the mallet NON-euro-cheater style.
|28th February 2011||#5|
| || |
10) On the bike, pass the ball through your BB and back again, imagine you're going around a player, add some wheelies over the ball and turns to mix it up.
11) On the bike, dribble the ball in a figure 8 round your back wheel, between your BB, back around the front wheel and repeat in the other direction. Learn to keep the ball on the mallet NON-euro-cheater style.
12) Shoot at a specific location/cone/can/whatever, charge in and follow up your shot if you miss, etc.
|28th February 2011||#6|
|28th February 2011||#15|
| || |
Hopefully we can get together a decent list of solo drills for people to take away and try out to improve their game.
|28th February 2011||#19|
| || |
Not solo polo but if there are two/three of you..
One takes net, the others try and score on you, scorer becomes keeper.
Love that shit.
Two of you:
Half court ,both of you score on the same net 1v1, if you gain possession of the ball you have to take it to half court before you can score.
True solo. I just ride laps of the court dribbling and shooting from as many angles as possible, massove +1 on catching the rebounds.
|2nd March 2011||#22|
| || |
I've been reading all these posts about skills and strategy and thinking about getting more serious and competitive now that there's a european ladies tourney on the horizon...
It's going to start with solo polo and drills but also wondered if I could encourage any of you lot to give a bit of constructive feedback to Los Coņos (courtside) throughout the upcoming play offs. Just so we can try and improve our game like, in prep for Geneva.
|3rd March 2011||#23|
| || |
defo, i would say one thing. When i played with you last week, you were always looking for space and didn't bunch too close to me. I think you and jo tend to go for the same balls sometimes, So clearer communication, where one of you has to trust and stay in space, as well as be able to double back if the other loses the ball.
|27th March 2012||#25|
| || |
Hi there guys! This is Marek ex Netto. I was wondering if I could use these drills and pass them on to some very new polo players in Slovakia. As Im part of Bratislava and Vienna polo community I would like to help them little with this kind of stuff. Any other suggestions regarding to how to help polo here to grow would be very much appreciated. Thanks hope I will see you all at some tourney soon.
|1st October 2012||#29|
| || |
15. Score a goal, pick up the ball (or rebound), ride towards the center point, make an as tight as possible 180 turn (or add another 360), try to score again, make another circle on the center point but with the ball on your off side. Repeat till your sick of it. (hope this explanation makes any sense)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ridgeback solo||agar||Bikes & Bits||25||19th January 2013 10:20|
|Creme Vinyl Solo||sushigeezer||Bikes & Bits||6||10th May 2011 18:17|
|Not enough players for polo? Games/Drills||Shinscar||Bike Polo||35||26th March 2010 19:42|
|Offered: 59cm Sun Solo||balmain||Components, clothing and miscellany||3||3rd August 2008 16:30|
|Who drills forks?||Skully||Mechanics & Fixin'||6||11th February 2008 17:28|