A A A A
Iphone cycling mount
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010   #1
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Iphone cycling mount

found this but interested to see if anyone has seen/used anything else?

hoping i can keep track of my fitness and watch a the latest episode of house whilst cycling
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #2
Balkidonor
 
Balki's Avatar
Anyone found using that should be boiled in oil.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #3
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
or this one...

http://www.world-wheels.co.uk/09_acc...htm/iphone.htm


i wont really be watching a film, but for GPS/speedo
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #4
Balkidonor
 
Balki's Avatar
*boils oil*
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #5
villa-ru
 
villa-ru's Avatar
Investment threads, iphone mounts.

This forum is DTM.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #6
Smallfurrydonor
 
Smallfurry's Avatar
*Warms tar*
*gathers feathers*
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #7
Balkidonor
 
Balki's Avatar
Yep.. Im out too.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #8
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
p.s it's ok -i'm not in london - yorkshire, so no-one will witness such things - and filming would be cool and you know it..

http://www.youtube.com/v/pJg_VzOBVN0..._embedded&fs=1
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #9
melon
 
melon's Avatar
dont really see the point unless you have important phone calls you cant put off till you get home. the phones battery life is to short to use as a GPS and the signal too weak.

i always take mine along, but it lives in my jersey pocket until im lost or someone calls me.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #10
dooks
 
dooks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balki View Post
Anyone found using that should be boiled in oil.
I think technically that's "deep fried".
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #11
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
dont really see the point unless you have important phone calls you cant put off till you get home. the phones battery life is to short to use as a GPS and the signal too weak.

i always take mine along, but it lives in my jersey pocket until im lost or someone calls me.

my 3gs lasts all day no problem (helps when turn the brightness down) and i ride on country lanes a lot never had problems with gps signal, it's as good as a tomtom.
i remember last time in london my signal was shit though
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #12
Wicksiedonor
 
Wicksie's Avatar
Filming would be cool. Potentially something to send to Boris to illustrate the dangers we face on a daily basis.
But anything that promotes a distraction whilst cycling potentially makes us no better than the twats in their gas guzzlers chatting on their Blackberries.
Nothing in life is that urgent.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #13
TomBurtonArt
 
TomBurtonArt's Avatar
im interested...

go on....
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #14
dickidonor
 
dicki's Avatar
why not just download the " attach to handlebars " app
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #15
Wicksiedonor
 
Wicksie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBurtonArt View Post
im interested...
In what?
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #16
TomBurtonArt
 
TomBurtonArt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicki View Post
why not just download the " attach to handlebars " app
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Im interested in the prospect of attaching my iphone to my handlebars, im encouraging tilover to buy it and review it!
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #17
Balkidonor
 
Balki's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooks View Post
I think technically that's "deep fried".
I've never thought about it this way... I think you're right Dooks.

Jesus... thats just turned my world inside out.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #18
TheBrick(Tommy)
 
TheBrick(Tommy)'s Avatar
have you been calling chips oil boiled potatoes to make your self feel healthy.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #19
Balkidonor
 
Balki's Avatar
The items you English refer to as 'chips' are merely chopped potatoes soaked in tepid oil. I dont refer to them as anything.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #20
andy.wdonor
 
andy.w's Avatar
Balki's new avatar
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #21
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBurtonArt View Post
im interested...

go on....

not till pay day.. seems a bit pricey for me right now
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #23
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
Looking interesting, mostly to be able to change track when listening music, perfect.

much easier than putting it away in my pocket damaging the cable of my big fuck-off headphone.
  quote   reply
Old 19th March 2010   #24
dooks
 
dooks's Avatar
oka so we've established that:

oil = fry
water = boil

but what of other liquids?

what's it called if you're cooked in say fanta or screenwash or porridge?
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #25
TomBurtonArt
 
TomBurtonArt's Avatar
Just ordered one of the Bicio ones (for my geared roadie). For use in North Yorkshire only.

Prep the fanta...

http://bicio.com/
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #26
melon
 
melon's Avatar
tilover- how old is your iphone and what network are you on? i have a 3G on O2, theres absolutely no way mine would last all day running constant 3G connection, let alone any programs. my brightness is already down to the lowest im willing to accept, although i guess i could turn it right down when used on the bike.

since getting my iphone ive ridden in Cornwall, Bath, Wales, London, and Kent, ive never had a solid 3G connection that is satisfactorily reliable when out in the digs. it will connect but a solid connection it is not. the GPS features was one of the main reasons for me getting an iphone and ive tried pretty much every piece of software i can find.

even though it hasn't lived up to what i hoped, i still like my iphone, and googlemaps does the job with the locate tool. im not sure whever the 3Gs has better connectivity/power resource than my older 3G.
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #27
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
am on O2, this is a brand new 3gs - replacement for my old 3gs which got water damaged - i had that one for 10 months and with basic apps, bluetooth turned off, brightness set to half and no wifi (just 3g) i have fine battery from 7 in morning till 9 at night - am yet to have a need to have a gps app on it all day (hense the need for the mount) but if i have problems i will consider a battery pack i think

this definitely looks the best

http://www.world-wheels.co.uk/09_acc...htm/iphone.htm

hunting the best price down now
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #28
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBurtonArt View Post
Just ordered one of the Bicio ones (for my geared roadie). For use in North Yorkshire only.

Prep the fanta...

http://bicio.com/
where abouts in north yorks are you tom?
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #29
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
problem solved...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...nto-usb-power/
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #30
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
dynamo hubs - iPhone = run all day.

least in theory.
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #31
gizmonddonor
 
gizmond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
tilover- how old is your iphone and what network are you on? i have a 3G on O2, theres absolutely no way mine would last all day running constant 3G connection, let alone any programs. my brightness is already down to the lowest im willing to accept, although i guess i could turn it right down when used on the bike.

since getting my iphone ive ridden in Cornwall, Bath, Wales, London, and Kent, ive never had a solid 3G connection that is satisfactorily reliable when out in the digs. it will connect but a solid connection it is not. the GPS features was one of the main reasons for me getting an iphone and ive tried pretty much every piece of software i can find.

even though it hasn't lived up to what i hoped, i still like my iphone, and googlemaps does the job with the locate tool. im not sure whever the 3Gs has better connectivity/power resource than my older 3G.
I can get 7-8 hours continuous use out of my 3GS, more than I got from my old tomtom.
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #32
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
http://en.pedalbrain.com/home
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #33
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #34
TomBurtonArt
 
TomBurtonArt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilover View Post
where abouts in north yorks are you tom?
I'm from Middlesbrough mate (hard luck, i know) right on the north border of Yorkshire, but proud to be a yorkshireman. In SE London most of the year though (roadie stays at home/ fixed for LDN)
  quote   reply
Old 22nd March 2010   #35
TomBurtonArt
 
TomBurtonArt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilover View Post
am on O2, this is a brand new 3gs - replacement for my old 3gs which got water damaged - i had that one for 10 months and with basic apps, bluetooth turned off, brightness set to half and no wifi (just 3g) i have fine battery from 7 in morning till 9 at night - am yet to have a need to have a gps app on it all day (hense the need for the mount) but if i have problems i will consider a battery pack i think

this definitely looks the best

http://www.world-wheels.co.uk/09_acc...htm/iphone.htm

hunting the best price down now

That one looks nice! shit.

still, ill put mine in a plastic bag if it rains.

Fair weather FTW.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #36
nuknow
 
nuknow's Avatar
I reckon theres an App for that.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #37
nuknow
 
nuknow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuknow View Post
i reckon theres an app for that.
stfu!
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #38
Tommy Mac
 
Tommy Mac's Avatar
I managed to bag one of these as a freebie from work.

Actually not bad at all - pointless for tooling around town in but on longer rides not a bad gps substitute.

Waterproof? yes, worth 40? no.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #39
mikec
 
mikec's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuknow View Post
I reckon theres an App for that.
I reckon there should be an App that tells people to stop looking at their fucking twatPhone and pay more attention to where they are going
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #40
Mechamorgan
 
Mechamorgan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooks View Post
oka so we've established that:

oil = fry
water = boil

but what of other liquids?

what's it called if you're cooked in say fanta or screenwash or porridge?
I got really stoned once and made jelly by boiling fanta rather than water. I can't remember how it tasted so I'm going to go with DELICIOUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
I reckon there should be an App that tells people to stop looking at their fucking twatPhone and pay more attention to where they are going
Yeah, dozy bastards need to pull their heads out of their asses and look for OH FUCK LAMBOARGHHHHHH!

Sorry couldn't resist.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #41
_dan_
 
_dan_'s Avatar
If you want to use it for navigation then why not use one of those arm strappy things for runners? We used one for a long ride on Saturday and it worked pretty well.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #42
bigben
 
bigben's Avatar
I love the iphone, but can we combine this thread and the peckham mugging one? Literally kill two birds with one stone. Rest of us will be able to cycle in peace and anyone dumb enough to use one of these round London... well, call it Darwinism...

And yes I saw that the OP was not in London.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #43
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I love the iphone, but can we combine this thread and the peckham mugging one? Literally kill two birds with one stone. Rest of us will be able to cycle in peace and anyone dumb enough to use one of these round London... well, call it Darwinism...

And yes I saw that the OP was not in London.
agreed - it would be twat-ish to have on of these in london, maybe even in leeds but i am from harrogate where crime rights are not dissimilar to canada and the biggest gamble i take is plowing into a gaggle of old people aimlessly jay-walking in search for tea and cakes rather than being robbed beaten and bummed
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #44
Scott
 
Scott's Avatar
Thats about as good an idea as this

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Bike/Ca.../Cart-Bike.jpg
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #45
Scott
 
Scott's Avatar
Although I bet this guy would love it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ammaco-7000-Ra...item3efe0c5585
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #46
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouch squasher View Post
Thats about as good an idea as this

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Bike/Ca.../Cart-Bike.jpg
nice!

but i think the iphone idea is pretty good to be fair - on the cyclist app you can programme in your routes on the map and it will guide you give you a speedo and even give you a satellite view and you can race yourself as a ghost bike on the same route, it will give you audio commands as to whether you are up to or behind pace! brilliant for TT training on the quiet yorkshire roads
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #47
Scott
 
Scott's Avatar
I can see its uses (ggle maps/GPS etc) but the phones are so desirable and I'm no Bruce lee
so for me it just dont work out.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #48
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
i wish i was bruce lee. bet he would have been dead good at skids
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #49
Scott
 
Scott's Avatar
Wonder who would skid the best Bruce lee or Chuck Norris?

What a match that would be.
  quote   reply
Old 23rd March 2010   #50
tiloverdonor
 
tilover's Avatar
chuck norris would be better at skidding as he has the thighs of a bull but brucelee could do flatland acrobatics and mega-barspins of death.

chuck norris would run 92:12
  quote   reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.lfgss.com/thread39812.html


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handlebar camera mount Yemble Bikes & Bits 14 9th April 2010 20:21
For Sale: Lenses: Hoya Nikon Mount, Pentax K-mount SELIMSKI Components, clothing and miscellany 5 4th April 2010 19:24
Wanted: Bicycle bell mount/clamp Marcho Wanted 0 3rd November 2009 11:34
Mount removal yeletah Mechanics & Fixin' 3 31st July 2009 11:36
M42 mount lenses Mirky87 Discussion 0 20th April 2009 16:06

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:54.
Creative Commons License, BY-SA v2.0
no new posts