A A A A
2010 Bikes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009   #351
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylvillain View Post
Clubman is teh sux
Fixed
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #352
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
thats the best 2010 Fixed gear bike using the Sturmey i have seen!
True
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #353
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
While the quote you attribute to me a a misquote, I have to agree that it is something I could have said, but only because the Pashley is the only 2010 Fixed gear bike using the Sturmey I have seen.
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #354
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Lol - usually Pashleys are too retro for me - but what with most manafacturers jumping on the HHSB bandwagon and failing miserably, its nice to see a proper bicycle, with some great detailing

  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #355
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylvillain View Post
great detailing
"great detailing" like leaving the derailleur hanger on it, clamp on cable stop, no brakes, single ring on a double chainset. Looks like an unfinished conversion project by somebody careless about detail, not a show bike.
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #356
eyebrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA2G View Post
Its, quite unbelievably, the GIANT CHIXIE!




WANT
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybiker View Post



this is the genesis SSCX bike i saw a few weeks back, looks really good in person
WANT
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoubletap View Post
Koga full pro 2010

WANT
Quote:
Originally Posted by edscoble View Post
Look like they're bring the Condor Tempo as a 3 speed fixed wheel bicycle now.



WANT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuknow View Post
I'm def not into tricksters but I love this, (snaps credit card..£350 f&f)

WANT

I WANT ALL OF THESE.
now.
who do I pay?
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #357
_Zed_donor
 
_Zed_'s Avatar
ha ha....

get that triple flange built up first henry. THAT i gotta see...
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #358
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Henry i shall look forward to taking whatever you buy of that list and discard in six months time (make it the Genesis as i have a bit of a hankering for that)
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #359
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
"great detailing" like leaving the derailleur hanger on it
Yup means it can be put to other uses, not just confined to being a fixed/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
clamp on cable stop
Nice because you can either run the frame all smooth, or build up as desired, also freedom to move the gear changer around - another good feature i hadnt thought of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
no brakes
Its got a Sturmey hub brake up front, rather goes with the rest of the bike


Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
single ring on a double chainset
Another pretty good idea seeing as the direct drive is the highest gear,putting on a chain ring like that gives a better spread for urban riding, liking Pashleys thinking on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
Looks like an unfinished conversion project by somebody careless about detail, not a show bike.
What part of the PROTOTYPE sign in the picture dont you understand? Personally i rather like it when a company puts something out there to get some feedback, as the Pashley guys have been doing 9the big ring is one such move) rather than just putting crap straight onto the market.

Anyway as you were
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #360
eyebrows
not happening anymore.
done in the indecision arena.
GH1 GH2 and monoc replacement are staying and then I'm fucking done.
but I want all those bikes.
i wish I had the cash.
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #361
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Feeling you on that front - still quite a quiver you have built yourself there!

Think i am going to pull the trigger on the Genesis
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #362
eyebrows
do it, looks ace.
Zed, I've subtley hinted at it somewhere on the forum...
v. subtly.
  quote   reply
Old 12th October 2009   #363
_Zed_donor
 
_Zed_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylvillain View Post

Think i am going to pull the trigger on the Genesis
Bang!
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #364
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Brrrrrap Brrrrap!

Last edited by vinylvillain; 13th October 2009 at 00:11.
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #365
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylvillain View Post
Its got a Sturmey hub brake up front, rather goes with the rest of the bike
They might intend for the production version to have a hub brake, but the prototype is not fit for any purpose, being illegal for both road and track use.

The rest of your argument is equally flawed, but I expect you knew that and were just being playful.
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #366
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
175mm cranks are a bold choice for a fixed bike, tabs for a second chainring are redundant and using a chainring with lowered teeth for ease of shifting makes for ease of dropping the chain on a fixed bike.

The idea of the Clubman is interesting, but the execution, even at prototype stage, is shockingly poor for a commercial company. If this were a test mule, it would be OK, but if I had Pashley's reputation I certainly wouldn't show it to the public in this condition.
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #367
vinylvillain
 
vinylvillain's Avatar
Lol . . you do take this whole bike porn/antiporn blah blah blah rather too seriously old boy, i was only winding you up - the production version has the Sturmey hub brake
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #368
GA2G
 
GA2G's Avatar
Normally I give steel bikes a wide birth - I like alu, so called me a flawed individual.

However, the Pashley Clubman is a bike I'd honestly love to own. Its like a Surly Steamroller that went to a Swiss Finishing School for girls.

Surly Steamroller = Katie Price
Pashley Clubman = Nigella Lawson

One is a good goer, tried and tested (ahem!).
The other is just classy, and ultimately more satisfying.

The bikes I meant! ;)


  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #369
!Nhattattack!
 
!Nhattattack!'s Avatar
What are Pashley good at? Making heavy bikes with weird seat post sizes?
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #370
pascalo
 
pascalo's Avatar
Similar concept to the clubman prototype, but with brakes and a normal sturmey archer 5 speed in the back:

http://www.cooperbikes.com/T200-Reims.html
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #371
GA2G
 
GA2G's Avatar
Thats a fair point Nhatt, but how many Pashleys have you ever seen broken? I haven't seen any. They must be heavy for a reason. Lastability maybe? That counts to those who like classic styled, or retro bikes, when they can't be bothered to restore a 1930s pathracer.

I didn't know about the seatposts sizes, but size doesn't normally put me off. ;)
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #372
!Nhattattack!
 
!Nhattattack!'s Avatar
Depends on what you mean by broken.

I see pashleys in the shop every day, mostly because the gears have slipped, of they have a rear puncture and everything is hub mounted, or (in the case of Timmy's sis's bike) the axle keeps slipping no matter how tight you make it, and because everything is axle mounted you can't put a chain tensioner on it.
Pashleys aren't an awful bike, it's just that for the money you could get something that was a bit lighter (And i know the alu lover in you likes that) and a bit more practicle.
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #373
GA2G
 
GA2G's Avatar
No that you've informed me better Nhatt, I shall possibly readjust my horizons. Cheers. ;)
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #374
pistolpedro
 
pistolpedro's Avatar
Have similar issues with my guvnor, axle keeps moving forward its a real pain as it throws the gears out (3 speed hub gear) tried to fit some chain tugs on it (MKS) but the axle is to big, taking the rear wheel of is a pain and its a really heavy bike, not a particularly nice bike to ride plus i made it worse by fitting alloy north roads which flex like crazy, quite a head turner though heh heh :)

One thing i did notice with it though, they come with a cinelli 1a and a shimmed bar, need to double check but i'm not aware of any shims to take a 25.4 bar up to 26.4, when i picked mine up the bars did move slighly, had to tighten the clamp up very tightly to get them to grip sufficiently, if the stem bolt where to fail this would be pretty catostrophic with north road bars
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #375
Crispin Glover
 
Crispin Glover's Avatar
hi are there any pink bikes for girls in 2010?
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #376
propeller
 
propeller's Avatar
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/harry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/harry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/harry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]


that was a fail, it was a photo of the NS fixed wheel bike
anyone heard anything about them?

Last edited by propeller; 13th October 2009 at 18:52. Reason: fail
  quote   reply
Old 13th October 2009   #377
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by propeller View Post
that was a fail
http://www.londonfgss.com/thread17.html

it's not
  quote   reply
Old 14th October 2009   #378
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitre_tester View Post
While the quote you attribute to me a a misquote, I have to agree that it is something I could have said, but only because the Pashley is the only 2010 Fixed gear bike using the Sturmey I have seen.
hang on did you completely missed the Condor Tempo 3 speed fixed?
  quote   reply
Old 14th October 2009   #379
nuknow
 
nuknow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuknow View Post
From their webz:

LEADER 729trk

highest quality heat treated double butted cr-mo 4130 made by kawasaki japan
designed by leader bike in the usa
hand tig welding
oversize tubesets
gusset on the head tube and down tube.
Made to handle up to 300kg ( < click ) of pressure while most steel frames can only take 100kg
fits 700x 23 to 28 tire with caliper max to be determined
trick track racing geometry
hardend steel dirtjump dropouts
solid cnc cut then milled head tube
weight 55cm 2.2kg



RAW

Last edited by nuknow; 14th October 2009 at 03:44.
  quote   reply
Old 19th October 2009   #380
Chris Borneodonor
 
Chris Borneo's Avatar
http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/produ..._3_SPEED_FIXED

For me the carbon fibre frame doesn't work with a Brooks saddle and the Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub.

I reckon this could have been such a winner with a propper hand built lugged frame.
  quote   reply
Old 19th October 2009   #381
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
The 3 speed hubs is fine on whatever bike frankly, in fact 3 speed fixed were popular in time trialling back in the golden age, it only feel unsuitable on a carbon fibre frame because Sturmey Archer is a name usually found on old town bike and Brompton.

Yes, the Brooks look a bit weird on it, but then it is a comfortable saddle.
  quote   reply
Old 19th October 2009   #382
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Borneo View Post
http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/produ..._3_SPEED_FIXED
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsoncycles
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN SINGLE SPEED RIDES.
The one thing which we would have hoped a bike with a 3-speed hub wouldn't be.

Last edited by mitre_tester; 19th October 2009 at 16:56. Reason: grammar
  quote   reply
Old 19th October 2009   #383
pajamas
well it's the ultimate single speed in the sense that you don't just have one single speed to choose from, you have three...
  quote   reply
Old 4th November 2009   #384
Eingang
 
Eingang's Avatar
look's 2010 track range
http://www.bikerumor.com/2009/11/02/...6-track-fixie/
  quote   reply
Old 4th November 2009   #385
kerley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eingang View Post
Notice they admit the alu frame could be for the fixie crowd. Missed the boat I reckon as the fixie crowd are rapidly moving to retro geared bikes so may have been better off re releasing the first Look geared models :-)
  quote   reply
Old 5th November 2009   #386
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
The new Genesis Day 01 cross bike look great in polished;



The flyer somehow doesn't look really that bad as the earlier photo of it;


Last edited by edscoble; 5th November 2009 at 13:52.
  quote   reply
Old 5th November 2009   #387
simonw7
 
simonw7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edscoble View Post
The flyer somehow doesn't look really that bad as the earlier photo of it;

I have one of these 2010 flyers on order through a cycle to work scheme, it was the best of the fixed on offer in my opinion (they wouldn't let me order the Bianchi steel D2 2010 because it does not come with brakes and thereore not suitable for cycling to work...)

TBH i have a 'white' theme running through my existing conversion (not in a racist way) with white saddle, oury grips and white halo aerorage track rims and hubs, and i like how it looks. But this flyer...maybe it's the chain that does it...is just too...white. not sure what i will do to make myself feel better about riding it yet. not coming til January anyway.
  quote   reply
Old 5th November 2009   #388
nuknow
 
nuknow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonw7 View Post
"...(they wouldn't let me order the Bianchi steel D2 2010 because it does not come with brakes and thereore not suitable for cycling to work...)..."
lolzers
  quote   reply
Old 7th November 2009   #389
Edward_Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut View Post

I reckon the production model will be slightly less jazzy!
any word on a uk release date for the feather?
  quote   reply
Old 8th November 2009   #390
Gabe
 
Gabe's Avatar
Loving the look of the Day One Cross!
  quote   reply
Old 8th November 2009   #391
DFP
 
DFP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edscoble View Post





for £800, I'd get this over the Cinelli MASH, pretty light at 1200kg for the frame.
I suppose its light compared to a Bianchi Pista.
  quote   reply
Old 8th November 2009   #392
DFP
 
DFP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpedro View Post
Have similar issues with my guvnor, axle keeps moving forward its a real pain as it throws the gears out (3 speed hub gear) tried to fit some chain tugs on it (MKS) but the axle is to big, taking the rear wheel of is a pain and its a really heavy bike, not a particularly nice bike to ride plus i made it worse by fitting alloy north roads which flex like crazy, quite a head turner though heh heh :)
You need a special slotted washer thing for sturmey archer hubs, or you can never get them to clamp properly. Perhaps they forgot to put one on?
  quote   reply
Old 8th November 2009   #393
kerley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFP View Post
I suppose its light compared to a Bianchi Pista.
1200g is pretty light for any frame and well below average I would say.

1200kg isn't light however but assume Ed was meaning g rather than kg
  quote   reply
Old 24th November 2009   #394
Gabe
 
Gabe's Avatar

Apologies if this has been already posted!
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #395
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Cinelli Gazzetta, £460 f&f, track geometry but with brake drillings and bottle cage bosses, Green, Grey, Violet or Lime


Attached Thumbnails
zoom_gazzetta_grigio.jpg   dettagli_gazzetta_grigio.jpg  
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #396
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
Oh my that look really lovely, the claim weight of the frame is 1700g, which is pretty light.
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #397
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edscoble View Post
the claim weight of the frame is 1700g
Presumably for the 50cm, without fork.
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #398
edscoble
 
edscoble's Avatar
Without the fork naturally, those weight an average 700-800g on top of the frame, I wonder when it'll be around in Wiggle (considering they're sold there).
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #399
nuknow
 
nuknow's Avatar
Love it
  quote   reply
Old 27th November 2009   #400
mitre_tester
 
mitre_tester's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edscoble View Post
I wonder when it'll be around in Wiggle
Dotbike are listing it at £460, but no stock yet. Given that they're >£100 less than Wiggle on Vigorellis, that would be the place to check. I'd want one if a: I needed a steel track frame and b: they started doing some decent colours like the Supercorsa Pista (I know these are the road frame, but Cinelli list these colours as available on the Pista)

  quote   reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.lfgss.com/thread29406.html


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tour de France 2010 smithchild Rides & Races 2820 11th February 2012 08:40
Marmotte 2010 dancing james Rides & Races 239 21st May 2010 08:46
2010 Pista Señor Bear Bikes & Bits 21 6th September 2009 18:16
2010 Langster markd Bikes & Bits 24 24th August 2009 17:16
Specialized step up for 2010 Lukeyb General 8 18th August 2009 19:55

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39.
Creative Commons License, BY-SA v2.0
no new posts